Durability

saxeh

Question

Hello Guys

I would like to create items with a durability . example : pick axe with 100 points o of use. When the pick axe zero point of use the pick axe is delete from the inventory or cannot be used anymore.

9 answers to this question

On 7/25/2022 at 12:01 PM, Vextunnel said:

clicking in inventory or the hotley with mouse wont let you attack or even hovering over inventory or hotbar wont let you attack

This bug its already fixed.

And the only valid answer to the original question above is "through change of source", any other means, even through events will only make everything even more torture. Only by modifying can you effectively have a correct implementation of durability for items.

How that event is set up - you will regain all 100 durability every time you equip the axe. (You need additional checks)
And as you mentioned it doesn't allow 2 of the same item to have separate durability.

This will end up being a lot of work for a very poor result.

i have the events set up where there is a boolean player variable in there so it doesn't keep gaining or keep setting itself to 100, right when you equip it it sets it to true and sets 100 dura, and it doesn't keep doing that since it ain't false anymore lol till you go lower then 0 in the number and it removes 1 from your item then it changes it back to false lol then you can repeat, just need the ability to hold 1 item,

12 hours ago, Vextunnel said:

I just realized there is a unequip function xD , so if you add that in the small dura take event, under checking slot weapon occupied to unequip it after reaching 0 dura.

Hide contents

523b4866a929129ae6e41814d4878098.png

The biggest issue is multiple items, there is no easy way to make players only able to have 1 of a item type. - as well, only being able to have 1 of any weapon would greatly diminish the economy.
But hey -  an MMO like that would be 1st of its kind and maybe do very well.

Also, what happens when you unequip the weapon right before you kill the NPCs?

21 hours ago, Push said:

The biggest issue is multiple items, there is no easy way to make players only able to have 1 of a item type. - as well, only being able to have 1 of any weapon would greatly diminish the economy.
But hey -  an MMO like that would be 1st of its kind and maybe do very well.

Also, what happens when you unequip the weapon right before you kill the NPCs?

I did come from games like secrets of mirage and legacy of zodiac not bad 2d games but grindy due to the pvp aspect, players worlds/ x-realms and xtremeworlds thos engines had dura and hold one items , hold one items normally meant for quest items from a boss drop to turn in so you couldnt just sit and farm, but now there's quests and events for that. but anyways lol

so I just tried that and apparently, when  using hotkey with timing to unequip can ignore the event it doesn't take dura and you still kill the resource/npc, but, clicking in inventory or the hotley with mouse wont let you attack or even hovering over inventory or hotbar wont let you attack, brutal so close haha

You can with player variables, if you make 2 for starters

Spoiler

14c14cffc38fe05e4b24f5e196fca223.pngb989bf1209dc00c8cabd154a43b76f45.png

After that you need to make common event to set the durability, by equipping the item, click trigger and change to equipment change, then add a conditional branch for the equip item (this case) small axe

then set another conditional branch in that one for player variable small axe set equal to false, then under they set it to true and set player variable dura to 100

Spoiler

1aace67702d9bafef389bed2cda1df9f.png

then make a common event for durability take,  with 2 separate condition branch's, one using player equip item, "small Axe" the under it set player variable small axe dura to subtract what you need(I used 50 to test it)

then a new condition branch under that one for it the  small axe dura is less then or equal to 0, you change player item to remove 1 small axe, then under if taken successfully, you set, small axe set back to false.

Spoiler

0d305fb018f4d9348990f230562d1515.png

with those created all you have to now is the durability take in the common event slot for the resource

Spoiler

e579177fdae4f54a5ebbda0eb50fbe23.png

only thing I found is if you had more then 1 it can break and you just keep losing them, if you can make them hold 1 can work, other then that  it works kinda so you'd have to make a variable for each tool.