Respawn system

Fondep

Question

I want to make a respawn system for my game. My site should work like this.

When your player dies, options will appear on the screen. The first option is respawn at the point of death (in exchange for scrolling)

second option is resurrect in city A or B. (in exchange for gold)

Is this system possible? Thanks for your help.

5 answers to this question

Currently the way you want it to work is impossible without source edits simply because when you die currently, it'll instantly respawn you at your class' respawn location.
You'd have to interrupt this process in the source so that you can pull a common event on death.

1 hour ago, AisenArvalis said:

Currently the way you want it to work is impossible without source edits simply because when you die currently, it'll instantly respawn you at your class' respawn location.
You'd have to interrupt this process in the source so that you can pull a common event on death.

Β 

28 minutes ago, TheBearWannabe said:

I haven't used it before, but there is an "on respawn" common event option? Maybe you could create a map the player is warped to and depending on the option they choose you could charge currency for it. Don't know how you'd handle the respawn-at-death location, though.

first of all thank you for your answers.

So how do I get the character to register in a certain region? Because it's annoying when it comes back to when it dies. However, while doing this, new players should not be affected by this situation.