Intersect Graphics

Drakan

Question

Hello. I wanna know if i can change the tile resolution and map size to 256x256. Its the size of my tiles.

If yes. How can i change the size of player to fit well in the map?

Thanks in advance!

7 answers to this question

Yeah you can. For the tiles resolution

1) go to "Server\resources\config.json"

7) Go to the "Map" section

3) Change the "TileWidth" and "TileHeight" options to 256.

About the resolution of maps

153) Modify the "Width" and "Heigth" option of the "Map" section.

For the size of your player you need to have a bigger spritesheet (with bigger sprite) and it should be ok.

Edited by Shenmue

2aa65de19a352ac53d8496f1a0f4a203.pngShenmue. Thanks for the Reply. I did all that. The server works, but the editor crashes when opened. I dont know what to do. The max size tile i got without problem was 64x64, above that...

I need 256x256.

9 hours ago, Drakan said:

2aa65de19a352ac53d8496f1a0f4a203.pngShenmue. Thanks for the Reply. I did all that. The server works, but the editor crashes when opened. I dont know what to do. The max size tile i got without problem was 64x64, above that...

I need 256x256.

tile size refers to the size of each individual tile in pixels. the width/height is the amount of tiles in the map. so, the map size is the tile size * width/height, which is also in the section indicated by shenmue. you dont want to go above 64x64 anyway or really above 48x48 unless you really have massive tilesets. 32x32 is fine

i assume you just want it to be a square and a multiple of 8 (since 256/32=8), so you can try just changing the height to 32. make sure you restart the server after you change the config.

NOTE that you will need to reset your server/resources/gamedata.db if you have maps already built with the old dimensions, bc as of now it wont automatically convert

here is how the editor would look (you can see the dimensions in the bottom left corner):

Spoiler

3c8d1ed3f750589b6ba45dcbea820cdc.png