Mapping Intersect Appreciation

lurv

Absolutely love these type of graphics, the trees are amazing. One thing I would change is the sharp corners on the paths. I'd make it round, just looks funny and unnatural square like that. Other than that, they're awesome!!

14 hours ago, yeroC said:

Absolutely love these type of graphics, the trees are amazing. One thing I would change is the sharp corners on the paths. I'd make it round, just looks funny and unnatural square like that. Other than that, they're awesome!!

Good point, i'll work on this.

14 hours ago, Damian666 said:

grass is to bland for my taste though...

I put grass details on the things i put in the grass instead of on the actual grass texture, so when i add more stuff on top of the grass it'll look better. Who knows, maybe i'll actually change the grass texture too.

Now that Damaian posts it out, I agree though, you need blades of grass or something or other, I guess it wouldn't look to bad once you fill things in but it is rather bland. However, grass isn't too too hard to get right, I'd like to see more once you have tiles to fill in!!

• 2 weeks later...

Also no reason to build one giant seamless map yet keep all the individual maps square and noticeably tiling. Might as well add some roundness to your border trees Also use say four maps which are all surrounded by a border of trees to mix things up instead of having every individual map surrounded by trees in a square fashion. I understand you are trying to create a certain path for the player to follow. But this can be achieved without creating a square griddy world. Intersects powerful enough to create a seamless world out of small maps, so why would you want to let your players know your word is made up f small individual maps?