Untested [$30] Kash Shop - Item Stack Limits

Message added by jcsnider

Warning! There be dragons!: This mod introduces new field(s) into the games' databases. Database migrations are one-way upgrades. Make database backups before applying! If you later decide that you want to remove this mod you will likely have to restore from those backups or manually make dangerous edits to your database in order to get your game running again. 

Patches are guaranteed to work on a vanilla Intersect with the version numbers below. All Kash Shop patches are guaranteed to work together unless otherwise stated. 

Get it here!

Built for: Intersect 0.6.1.253 and Intersect 0.6.2.412

Updated once a week to work with the Intersect STABLE branch (Stable branch at the time of creating this patch is 0.6.1.253)

Support guaranteed up until the first version of Intersect STABLE 0.6.3 (Guarantee might extend based on the popularity of the patch.)

Of course we offer support if you have problems installing the patch! Just reply to this topic!

Disclaimer: The patch might work on later versions of Intersect, but be careful with updating when you are using Kash Shop patches. The patch is only guaranteed to work on the version the patch was built for.

Patch description: Stackable items can now have a max value! In the item editor is a new box in which you can state the maximum amount of that item can stack up in one inventory slot. Existing stackable items will have an automatic limit of 99. Currency is unaffected

Patch features: 

- Set max stack size for an item

- When an item stack exceeds the max size, it will create a new stack in the inventory

- Taking and giving items automatically takes or give from multiple stacks if needed

NOTE: AS ALWAYS, MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE ADDING ANY PATCHES

Did you consider marrying a set item limit feature to this? I think that would be a deal breaker for me. For example it would be nice to limit the player to carrying only 10 potions at a time, that way combat can be planned around player skill, rather than their bank account and carrying 5000 potions.

5 minutes ago, Lathander said:

Did you consider marrying a set item limit feature to this? I think that would be a deal breaker for me. For example it would be nice to limit the player to carrying only 10 potions at a time, that way combat can be planned around player skill, rather than their bank account and carrying 5000 potions.

The mod was made to stop people from carrying infinite numbers of any stackable item, but not to stop people from having more than X of an item in their inventory.

Think of magazine sizes for survival games or stack sizes for different crafting materials. 

At the moment the patch does not include any hard item limits, but I will propose it as an add-on to the system!

Thanks for the feedback :)

Haha yes! Well I mean I'd want both features together for sure. Limit wool to stacking to 25 per stack, but max limit of 200, so a player has to go back to store their loads of wool in the bank, then go back out and sheer some more sheep. Would love that!

3 hours ago, Lathander said:

Haha yes! Well I mean I'd want both features together for sure. Limit wool to stacking to 25 per stack, but max limit of 200, so a player has to go back to store their loads of wool in the bank, then go back out and sheer some more sheep. Would love that!

A weight system might be a better option then limiting each item.

Also good job kasplant.

• Damian666 featured and unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...