MonoGame Audio Fix [New Shader Required!]

Hey everyone,

I think we finally have the MonoGame audio issues resolved!  We shared the solution with the MonoGame team and it has now been merged in.

The version of MonoGame we are using has been updated in both our Stable and Development branches.

The newer version of MonoGame requires an updated version of Client/resources/shaders/radialgradient.xnb.

The updated shader will automatically be included in the following patch builds (if you download those patches then no actions will be necessary):

For those using custom builds the new shader can be found here:

Please let me know if you all encounter any more audio issues! Hopefully they are all behind us :)

Im using a custom version so I placed "radialgradient.xnb" in my client folder/recources/shaders after I built client or does it need to go in source somewhere first before building?

As I am getting an error stating that the MGFX effect seems to be newer and wont open client.

Spoiler

2020-04-13 12:35:48.533 [Error]
  Message: This MGFX effect seems to be for a newer release of MonoGame.
    Stack:    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Effect.ReadHeader(Byte[] effectCode, Int32 index)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Effect..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Byte[] effectCode, Int32 index, Int32 count)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.EffectReader.Read(ContentReader input, Effect existingInstance)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentTypeReader`1.Read(ContentReader input, Object existingInstance)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.InnerReadObject[T](T existingInstance)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObject[T]()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset[T]()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
   at Intersect.Client.MonoGame.Graphics.MonoShader..ctor(String shaderName, ContentManager content) in E:\Ainz Ooal Gown\Documents\Git Repo\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client\MonoGame\Graphics\MonoShader.cs:line 21
   at Intersect.Client.MonoGame.Graphics.MonoRenderer.LoadShader(String shaderName) in E:\Ainz Ooal Gown\Documents\Git Repo\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client\MonoGame\Graphics\MonoRenderer.cs:line 854
   at Intersect.Client.MonoGame.File_Management.MonoContentManager.LoadShaders() in E:\Ainz Ooal Gown\Documents\Git Repo\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client\MonoGame\File Management\MonoContentManager.cs:line 223
   at Intersect.Client.Framework.File_Management.GameContentManager.LoadAll() in E:\Ainz Ooal Gown\Documents\Git Repo\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client.Framework\File Management\GameContentManager.cs:line 114
   at Intersect.Client.Core.Graphics.InitGraphics() in E:\Ainz Ooal Gown\Documents\Git Repo\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client\Core\Graphics.cs:line 98
   at Intersect.Client.Core.Main.Start() in E:\Ainz Ooal Gown\Documents\Git Repo\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client\Core\Main.cs:line 33
   at Intersect.Client.MonoGame.IntersectGame.Initialize() in E:\Ainz Ooal Gown\Documents\Git Repo\Intersect-Engine\Intersect.Client\MonoGame\IntersectGame.cs:line 102
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoInitialize()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior)