Adding additional frames of animation

Cuddleheart

Question

This is kind of a bump of this guy's thread from November.

https://www.ascensiongamedev.com/topic/4431-is-it-posible-to-ad-frames-to-entities-sprites/#comment-41907

Now that the source code is available, if I wanted to edit the source code to allow for sprite sheets with more then 4x4 walking animations, where would I start looking?

Thanks in advance for any help!

4 answers to this question

47 minutes ago, Shenmue said:

The latest version of the source code do have idle, attack, cast, weapon, etc. spritesheet frames. You should check the dev Blog for the Beta 6.2 to figure out if you still need to work on adding more frames.

This is 100% something that I wanted (Along with your 8-directional sprite code if you release it :D ).

In this thread, though, I was looking for something along the lines of adding additional frames to the walking animation beyond the 4x4.  That said, maybe I can fiddle with the animation frames and use them to add more frames to walking animations.

Thanks for all your help everyone!

11 hours ago, Cuddleheart said:

This is 100% something that I wanted (Along with your 8-directional sprite code if you release it :D ).

In this thread, though, I was looking for something along the lines of adding additional frames to the walking animation beyond the 4x4.  That said, maybe I can fiddle with the animation frames and use them to add more frames to walking animations.

Thanks for all your help everyone!

I was able to add an 8 frame walking animation by just editing a few numbers in the place that Joyce pointed out above. Let me know if you need any help.