Item description window

Gibier

Question

I have some item that have a too long description so the player can't fully read the description. It would need a scrollbar in the ItemDescWindow.json but there isn't one. Doesn't someone have an idea how i could fix this? Make the whole window is a temporary fix. 

5 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Gibier said:

I have some item that have a too long description so the player can't fully read the description. It would need a scrollbar in the ItemDescWindow.json but there isn't one. Doesn't someone have an idea how i could fix this? Make the whole window is a temporary fix. 

1) I am assuming this is fixed for B6, with the new UI, so it'd be wise to wait

2) An item with a description that goes off the screen? What is this time?

You can increase the area for description text by increasing the size of it in the .json ui files. It will allow for more text to show. It's pretty unseemly to have a scroll bar on item descriptions anyways as they are suppose to be able to convey a lot of info in a quick glance.

6 minutes ago, Aesthetic said:

You can increase the area for description text by increasing the size of it in the .json ui files. It will allow for more text to show. It's pretty unseemly to have a scroll bar on item descriptions anyways as they are suppose to be able to convey a lot of info in a quick glance.

Indeed but by doing that the extra text is display outside of the itemdescwindow.

39 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

The item description window only appears while your mouse is hovering over an item. Meaning that when you went to scroll the description would just vanish. Your best option is a redesign of the description window to be bigger if you need more space.

Ok then i'll increase the window size horizontally.