Player Death Location

Question

You can drop items on death, but I've tried for so long to make it also spawn an npc where you died, but it respawns you TOO fast. Is there a way to spawn an NPC on the place where you dropped your items? Is there a way to make one of the items do something?

im trying to make a ghost spawner where a player died defending your stuff

7 answers to this question

12 hours ago, The Bunny Gamer said:

You can drop items on death, but I've tried for so long to make it also spawn an npc where you died, but it respawns you TOO fast. Is there a way to spawn an NPC on the place where you dropped your items? Is there a way to make one of the items do something?

im trying to make a ghost spawner where a player died defending your stuff

1. Have a player variable "respawn" that sets when a new character is created and set it to 1 (1 would be a area you first want the player to respawn at. I explains below)
  2. Respawn points, have an event that changes the player variable "respawn" to a different number based on that area in game:
    1. 1 = Map 1 (Starter respawn point)
    2. 2 = Map 2
    3. 3 = Map 3
    4. ect...
  3. As Gibier mentioned, have a common event that is triggered by "On Player Death" and have a conditional branch based on the player variable "respawn" number is, like so:
    1. If player variable "respawn" = 1 THEN WARP player to Map 1
    2. If player variable "respawn" = 2 THEN WARP player to Map 2
    3. ect...
    4. You can also add a timer to the players chat box counting down, before it hits the condition branch :)

As Gibier mentioned, have a common event that is triggered by "On Player Death" and have a conditional branch based on the player variable "respawn" number is, like so:

How to access "On Player Death" as a common event trigger? I only have the following options:

K0FXJ2B.png

30 minutes ago, Slayer said:

How to access "On Player Death" as a common event trigger? I only have the following options:

K0FXJ2B.png

"On Respawn" is essentially "On Player Death" but it happens when you've respawned. Unless "On Player Death" is a B6 thing which we don't have access to yet xD

2 hours ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

1. Have a player variable "respawn" that sets when a new character is created and set it to 1 (1 would be a area you first want the player to respawn at. I explains below)
  2. Respawn points, have an event that changes the player variable "respawn" to a different number based on that area in game:
    1. 1 = Map 1 (Starter respawn point)
    2. 2 = Map 2
    3. 3 = Map 3
    4. ect...
  3. As Gibier mentioned, have a common event that is triggered by "On Player Death" and have a conditional branch based on the player variable "respawn" number is, like so:
    1. If player variable "respawn" = 1 THEN WARP player to Map 1
    2. If player variable "respawn" = 2 THEN WARP player to Map 2
    3. ect...
    4. You can also add a timer to the players chat box counting down, before it hits the condition branch :)

Yeeeaaa I kind of thought of that, but that would make a corpse on one side of the map and then a ghost spawner in a random location on the map...

20 hours ago, The Bunny Gamer said:

Yeeeaaa I kind of thought of that, but that would make a corpse on one side of the map and then a ghost spawner in a random location on the map...

Not sure what you mean by ghost spawner. All depends on how you set up your on death system.

2 hours ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Not sure what you mean by ghost spawner. All depends on how you set up your on death system.

Basically, I want your items to spew out on the floor, and then out of your corpse floods out lots of ghosts that try to defend your corpse until you get to it. If I can put an NPC at your corpse, I can make one easily.