Intersect integration with Google Stadia

Khaikaa

Question

Hi everybody,

I was thinking if there is any plan to integrate intersect in google stadia so we can use intersect games from any kind of device, is this in your plans?

6 answers to this question

lolwut

In all seriousness I'm not sure how feasible this is going to be without knowing the technical requirements necessary to use Stadia. Even if our technology stack is supported, Intersect is still currently only suited for keyboard and mouse input -- touch and small screens will require organizational changes on the screen. Stadia would need to work and be responsive to all of this.

1 hour ago, panda said:

lolwut

In all seriousness I'm not sure how feasible this is going to be without knowing the technical requirements necessary to use Stadia. Even if our technology stack is supported, Intersect is still currently only suited for keyboard and mouse input -- touch and small screens will require organizational changes on the screen. Stadia would need to work and be responsive to all of this.

Well i did suggest to have dymamic ui to have a good ui on any resolution. It could be a good start if you guys want to make it work with google stadia x)

1 hour ago, Gibier said:

Well i did suggest to have dymamic ui to have a good ui on any resolution. It could be a good start if you guys want to make it work with google stadia x)

More complicated than that. A responsive UI isn't good enough for a game -- needs to be different UI configurations, perhaps different UI controls too, for mobile vs desktop.

1 hour ago, panda said:

More complicated than that. A responsive UI isn't good enough for a game -- needs to be different UI configurations, perhaps different UI controls too, for mobile vs desktop.

Well it's what i meaned by responsive.

My understanding of Stadia is that it will basically be a Remote Desktop Access style service to a very good computer/server, in exchange for a monthly subscription. You could, in my understanding, run anything you like on Stadia and then have it sent to your phone, irregardless of whether your phone is capable of running it or not, therefore with my understanding the answer is yes, the devs won't need to do anything.

In the off-chance that Stadia is more like a netflix style pick-your-flick where you are given a limited menu, then shame on Google for taking the lazy route. My hope is Stadia kills off consoles and the need for people to buy £1,000 computers to play the latest games. I'd rather pay £20 a month for 5 years to play any game I can for as long as I want, than spend that money on a computer that's going to be irrelevant in the same space of time and needs maintenance and every 2 years a replacement PSU or WiFi Adapter.