The Bunny Gamer

Weather Animations

Question

9 answers to this question

Here are some basic ones I found in an old eclipse folder on my hard drive. No idea who made them. Maybe you can use until you find something better.

Snow:

5734b6c18e79d9c8600011bd369967b0.png

Rain 1:

9d025e06a4d259b56c117873c496f493.png

Rain 2?:

90e9e54c94564f65a5b13013baee4705.png

Sand?

e688e59017dd6b5e0d3bc3e1d48a45ee.png

These aren't really hard to make. But since you're asking, do you want standard resolution (rpgmaker xp) or x2 zoom aka "16 bit" resolution? I might be able to help, depending.

Thanks very much guys, but I need an animation that covers the whole screen for some types of weather - e.g. rain would be like the "Rain 1" and "Rain 2" you made but covering the whole screen and also for more than one weather type so like rain, thunder/storm, sandstorm, snow, etc. Thanks a lot everyone!!! (This is for Intersect Engine Beta v.5.0.0)

54 minutes ago, The Bunny Gamer said:

Thanks very much guys, but I need an animation that covers the whole screen for some types of weather - e.g. rain would be like the "Rain 1" and "Rain 2" you made but covering the whole screen and also for more than one weather type so like rain, thunder/storm, sandstorm, snow, etc. Thanks a lot everyone!!! (This is for Intersect Engine Beta v.5.0.0)

As far as Intersect goes your best scenario in this case is to use a combination of fog and weather. ie. a thunderstorm would have cloud fog, and periodic lightning weather animation that is not set to move. This animation could also have a light radius to make the screen flash (although ideally you would have that as a separate function). The reason why filling the screen with an animation is not a good idea, is because whenyou change the screen size that animation would stretch and likely then not fit the resolution of your in game art. Unless we're talking about vector art, which is a whole other story. Hope this helps.