Low FPS Editor Fix.

Lyim

Question

Hello! I just started using the Intersect Engine at 3AM this morning, and I've gotta' say... It is amazing!

I have started working on maps just to mess around and learn more however I am having some troubles with my FPS.

Whilst I am not doing anything the FPS caps at around 15, and when I am drawing on the map inside the editor the frames drop to about 5-9 per second. This doesn't mean the editor is unusable, it is just a hassle to fight the low FPS. Is there any settings I can mess with to make the editor run a bit smoother? (PC Specs Attached, I have a program installed that shuts down all unnecessary background apps when I run certain programs, it does make a massive difference when running games but seems to do nothing for this, I've tried with it on and off )

Thanks in advance for any help you provide!

-Lyim/Mapyo

192e1b4c709dd50579587b61c91e8325.png

16 answers to this question

Here's the spec requirment for the editor

Editor

Processor: Intel i3 or Better

Memory: 1 GB RAM

Graphics: 1GB VRAM

DirectX: 9.0c+ Shader Support

Storage: 1 GB available space

Your cpu and gpu spec seems to be lower than what the editor need to be smoother.

When the source comes out, input your own core productions. What I mean is import your own graphics handler as such. I agree that the FPS is not as great as it could be. But there's a few factor in this such as the engine itself, your hardware, and the limitations certain software running on your PC provides. I know My Nividia will limit high performance based software.

11 minutes ago, Mapyo said:

Hello! I just started using the Intersect Engine at 3AM this morning, and I've gotta' say... It is amazing!

I have started working on maps just to mess around and learn more however I am having some troubles with my FPS.

Whilst I am not doing anything the FPS caps at around 15, and when I am drawing on the map inside the editor the frames drop to about 5-9 per second. This doesn't mean the editor is unusable, it is just a hassle to fight the low FPS. Is there any settings I can mess with to make the editor run a bit smoother? (PC Specs Attached, I have a program installed that shuts down all unnecessary background apps when I run certain programs, it does make a massive difference when running games but seems to do nothing for this, I've tried with it on and off )

Thanks in advance for any help you provide!

-Lyim/Mapyo

192e1b4c709dd50579587b61c91e8325.png

Are your drivers all up to date? Do you have the latest netframework? If not, update all your drivers and download Netframework

50 minutes ago, Pigot said:

Are your drivers all up to date? Do you have the latest netframework? If not, update all your drivers and download Netframework

Yup its all up to date.

42 minutes ago, Gibier said:

Here's the spec requirment for the editor

Editor

Processor: Intel i3 or Better

Memory: 1 GB RAM

Graphics: 1GB VRAM

DirectX: 9.0c+ Shader Support

Storage: 1 GB available space

Your cpu and gpu spec seems to be lower than what the editor need to be smoother.

I'm not much of a hardware guy, if you have the time could you explain it a little to me so I know what needs to be upgraded?

Just now, Mapyo said:

I'm not much of a hardware guy, if you have the time could you explain it a little to me so I know what needs to be upgraded?

Do you have a graphic card (not onboard)?

49 minutes ago, Pigot said:

Sorry, I haven't see. You graphics card is integrated, but it's not a bad graphics card

So its not a bad graphics card?

On 05/05/2017 at 8:50 PM, Mapyo said:

From the looks of it, you probably have a laptop of some sort. If you do, upgrading it is not impossible but it would be fairly difficult. Everything but the CPU/APU is fine. As it is probably a laptop, installing a GPU would be pretty much impossible. I think the best you could do would be install a better CPU if you manage to locate one. Just want to point out that installing a CPU in a laptop can be a pain for even someone who works with computer hardware a lot so it might not be a good idea to even try. It mostly just depends on the laptop and how it is put together. If you really are desperate to install a new one, I'd recommend watching a few guides first to see what it can be like and the kind of hassle you will need to deal with. Example.

On 08/05/2017 at 4:43 PM, Mapyo said:

@MiniGrief its not a laptop : P

Just that processor is strange to see in a Desktop PC as it's a notebook processor. Very low powered for a Desktop PC then. It also makes upgrading easier and likely what you'd need to upgrade is motherboard, CPU, GPU and possibly memory if the old memory is not compatible.