I can't open intersect client

jimdevl

Question

23 answers to this question

This is a MonoGame error that we pass onto the user. It tells us that your pc or some configuration is making it so that you cannot run our client.

Update your graphic drivers. Make sure you don't have LogMeIn or other remote desktop software running. (RDP breaks it too) Outside of that it's possible that your graphics can't handle the lighting/shading effects that MonoGame requires. You might be out of luck.

I have this same problem, my only solution is use an old version, actually only the alpha versions are working fine
In this type of case.
I recommend you using version alpha 1.9, im using this now and i haven't any problem. ;D

I await your results.

On 4/11/2017 at 8:37 PM, jcsnider said:

This is a MonoGame error that we pass onto the user. It tells us that your pc or some configuration is making it so that you cannot run our client.

Update your graphic drivers. Make sure you don't have LogMeIn or other remote desktop software running. (RDP breaks it too) Outside of that it's possible that your graphics can't handle the lighting/shading effects that MonoGame requires. You might be out of luck.

I have the latest version of my gpu drivers. I do not have any remote desktop software running, But ill check an oldler version, maybe that'll fix the problem.

9 hours ago, nex said:

I have this same problem, my only solution is use an old version, actually only the alpha versions are working fine
In this type of case.
I recommend you using version alpha 1.9, im using this now and i haven't any problem. ;D

I await your results.

Ok I'll check if that works.

12 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Yeah just downgrade :) I forgot people still live in the dark ages and still use vb6 and run toasters haha

Actually i just checked i have opengl version 3.1 and dx 12. This might be a possible bug.

14 hours ago, PhenomenalDab said:

Source party? Source party. But seriously you can try to make it use directx instead of opengl when the source comes out.

Thanks, for letting me know :)

UPDATE:

Message :MonoGame requires OpenGL 3.0 compatible drivers, or either ARB_framebuffer_object or EXT_framebuffer_object extensions.Try updating your graphics drivers.<br/>
StackTrace :   at OpenGL.GraphicsContext..ctor(IWindowInfo info)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.PlatformSetup()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Setup()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice..ctor(GraphicsAdapter adapter, GraphicsProfile graphicsProfile, PresentationParameters presentationParameters)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.Initialize()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GamePlatform.BeforeInitialize()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoInitialize()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior)
   at Intersect_MonoGameDx.Program.Main() in C:\Users\JC Snider\Desktop\Intersect-Engine\Intersect Client\Program.cs:line 19
Date :4/13/2017 7:56:44 PM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i used beta 1 and this is the error log.

24 minutes ago, jimdevl said:

My pc is running opengl 3.1 and supports 3.0 too.

Can you post your results from running dxdiag?

26 minutes ago, PhenomenalDab said:

@jimdevl Yep you need to use alpha your pc doesn't support opengl

Go headbutt your elbow-pit somewhere else.

@SPQR Panda It's all yours. Not sure what you're looking for in there.

@All: Intel and AMD drivers favor DirectX over OpenGL. Even though a driver can do everything we need it to in DirectX does NOT mean that it can do all of the same stuff in OpenGL. So there is a chance that your PC simply cannot do what we need it to. However, let's assume for a second that your PC does have the capabilities required; MonoGame can still fail to load due to the preset conditions that it checks for. The MonoGame community is talking about ways to make these restrictions less restrictive, but I can't guarantee that even if the error was bypassed that it would work.

https://github.com/MonoGame/MonoGame/issues/5580

8 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

@SPQR Panda It's all yours. Not sure what you're looking for in there.

@All: Intel and AMD drivers favor DirectX over OpenGL. Even though a driver can do everything we need it to in DirectX does NOT mean that it can do all of the same stuff in OpenGL. So there is a chance that your PC simply cannot do what we need it to. However, let's assume for a second that your PC does have the capabilities required; MonoGame can still fail to load due to the preset conditions that it checks for. The MonoGame community is talking about ways to make these restrictions less restrictive, but I can't guarantee that even if the error was bypassed that it would work.

https://github.com/MonoGame/MonoGame/issues/5580

ty for the reply, i seem to notice though that alpha works, but beta versions don't. I tried every version and that's the conclusion i came to.

Spoiler
On 4/13/2017 at 8:06 PM, jimdevl said:

unknown.pngunknown.png

unknown.png

here you go

@jimdevlIn the OpenGL extensions viewer please click "See details..." next to the version and then expand 3.0 -> Supported and tell me if GL_ARB_framebuffer_object is listed, or if it's listed under Unsupported.

On 4/14/2017 at 3:35 PM, SPQR Panda said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@jimdevlIn the OpenGL extensions viewer please click "See details..." next to the version and then expand 3.0 -> Supported and tell me if GL_ARB_framebuffer_object is listed, or if it's listed under Unsupported.

it is listed for supported but i have opengl 3.1

Like I mentioned earlier.. there is a chance MonoGame might make changes to their library so it is more lenient on requirements (or does a better job detecting them). This is a MonoGame issue at it's core and there is nothing we can do about it on our side of things to bring you online.

The Intersect is also not running on my second PC. The OpenGL supported on my onboard graphics is 2.1. Now, my question is: The Intersect will not run in both OpenGL and DirectX? If the answer is yes, this is too bad... The graphics of the engine are not advanced. The right thing would be to run on any computer, so have support to DirectX and OpenGL. I hope an answer, thanks!!

41 minutes ago, Pigot said:

The Intersect is also not running on my second PC. The OpenGL supported on my onboard graphics is 2.1. Now, my question is: The Intersect will not run in both OpenGL and DirectX? If the answer is yes, this is too bad... The graphics of the engine are not advanced. The right thing would be to run on any computer, so have support to DirectX and OpenGL. I hope an answer, thanks!!

Intersect requires OpenGL 3 with the aforementioned extensions, or a higher version.

We would need two separate projects and binaries for the client to support both, and that's because of how MonoGame works. Once source is released you are free to migrate the client to MonoGame's DirectX libraries, but we will never release anything other than the OpenGL client because it's already compatible with the most systems.

So no, Intersect will not support both. Older versions of Intersect used DirectX, newer versions use OpenGL. Because of MonoGame, the two are basically mutually exclusive, and we aren't going to go make the project source code even more complex than it already is to support an arguably small number of very outdated devices.