Set player checkpoints?

D4N

Question

6 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, Agoraphobic said:

Easiest way is to have a variable named "Checkpoint". As you progress or click a checkpoint assign that variable a number. When they die, they will go to initial map, have an Event run and check the condition of what number the Checkpoint variable is saved to. Then have said Event warp the player to that desired area.

That's how I recommend people do it. That also grants the ability to have different checkpoints or spawn areas based off of classes. A win all the way around.

Easiest way is to have a variable named "Checkpoint". As you progress or click a checkpoint assign that variable a number. When they die, they will go to initial map, have an Event run and check the condition of what number the Checkpoint variable is saved to. Then have said Event warp the player to that desired area.

2 hours ago, Agoraphobic said:

This is what I'm looking for! :D 

I know this is a bit old but still applies. Can someone make me an example of this because this doesn't really say much on how to set this up. I understand how to make a variable but i need to know how to set up the checkpoint events and the event that should go in class start area.