Connecting maps without connecting grid

froggy

Question

So i have a bit of a problem that i think has two solutions.

First off, if i make my main world any bigger it's going to be problematic to both create & open world screenshots. However, i still want to have that open world going, so is there anyone who knows of a way to connect an unconnected map to the main world without adding it to the map grid?

The other solution would(and i think this is the best option, or some variant of it)to be able to limit how much you screenshot. Perhaps being able to box an area with the mouse and then screenshot that selection(on the map grid). Honestly right now my computer, which is pretty decent, takes a long time to open the current world screenshot.

6 answers to this question

I don't think I understand what the problem is. In Nightmare there are currently 144 maps last I checked, might be more, and the world screenshot seems to be alright. Maybe if a screenshot was supplied I would be able to help more. I am willing to do what I can to try and help but like I said I'm not understanding what the problem is exactly. 

I think he is referring to the exporting time of screenshots from the content editor. Because of the vastness of his world he is experiencing very slow export times or possibly program freezing. He also said opening the world screenshot on his computer was also a problem.

He is not referring to in game lag or anything of that sort.

Niko got it right. Right now my main world is about 340 maps~, took a while to create a world screenshot, and then opening it actually took a good 30-45 seconds in photo viewer/paint/photoshop. I'm afraid if i expand more i won't be able to open it. One of the aspects of my game is i want it to be open world. Having the world be even 2000 maps would be fine, as long as you can section off the part you want screenshotted.