Construct 2 for Mobile Game Development

Neeknog

So, I know most people here are probably not into Construct 2 or its event system. Its sort of like game maker because its not defined to any specific genre of game and your sort of starting from scratch. I like construct 2 because it teaches you how to program without ever having to code. It's event system is built like programming without every writing the code your self. So at the very least it teaches you to think critically and like a programmer. Its exporting options are sort of nice too, html, iphone, android and pc options. At they very least I love using construct 2 to build android and mobile games. I would personally never build a giant pc game with it but for mobile its awesome.

What do you guys think of construct 2? I would love to create some tutorials if anyone is interested .

its very easy to pickup, and converting your game to mobile is just adjusting a few events and exporting. You will need intel xdk downloaded. But very simple. I just build my game first without thinking about mobile. Then when i get a working version of it ill just add the touch screen options in, adjust the resolution to look right on phones and export mobile. Then pull it up in xdk, re export it through there and wham bam it works on android.

I actually use C2 quite a lot. For game jams and for personal projects, currently working on a platformer with it c: Fairly easy to use plenty of great plugins and effects out there as well. All you really need is commonsense and an idea then you're good to go. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So I figured I would just bump this old post instead of creating another topic just for this, anyways I was playing around with C2's multiplayer functions and it's signalling server, kinda hating the way data is handled but yeah.

• 2 weeks later...