shadow in the windows

psychoranger

Question

12 answers to this question

@Lunam @psychoranger The only way I've found to remove this shadow is by changing  "RenderColor": to "0,0,0,0" which also remove the background which is weird since the background is supposed to be this picture by default.

f58c889b4e156585eca52c4f6a57f8bf.png

I guess it's a bug or the line should use another name like "BackgroundImageVisibilty"

2 hours ago, panda said:

I don't know of a shadowing issue, if I had to guess I would think this is something with your GUI .json files or the shadow is baked into the GUI image.

There's also this shadow on default's Gui so it's probably a feature in the .JSON

@psychoranger I'll take a look at this when I get back home if nobody reply with the solution by then.

I actually noticed this as well yesterday when editing my main menu GUI. I've narrowed it to the main panel that holds the buttons, I assume that if you have an all-alpha(invisible) image as the texture, this happens.

Still trying to figure out how to get rid of it. For me, as far as I know, it's only the main menu with the 5 buttons(login register etc)

59 minutes ago, psychoranger said:

perfect, for anyone who has the problem, just add the line said by Gibier:

"BackgroundImageVisibility": false,

That doesnt exist, he said it *should* be that; the correct line is "RendorColor", and just mark his reply as the best answer

36 minutes ago, Lunam said:

That doesnt exist, he said it *should* be that; the correct line is "RendorColor", and just mark his reply as the best answer

RendorColor isn't a valid answer it will hide the inventory.png image which is not was he wants and to me sound like a bug or maybe I misunderstood 'RendorColor'. I thought that line was only used if they was no image in the .JSON file.

So it may be a bug or no but either way the only way to change that is by source edit so; write about this in the GitHub page or manually editing the source.

So there is not a way to turn off the shadows, but the shadow is also not off center. What I am seeing in the screenshot you provided is either the background itself has a large transparent border (it shouldn't), or you changed something in the JSON that is creating that padding.

The default assets have a shadow but I wouldn't have even noticed this if nobody brought it up, that's how imperceptible it is.

This could be something different, but I remember trying to get ride of a transparent shadow background that was behind the party menu.

I believe this is what got rid of that shadow: "DrawBackground": false,

Nevermind, that doesn't seem to be it. I don't think I ever got the shadow removed.

3 minutes ago, Push said:

This could be something different, but I remember trying to get ride of a transparent shadow background that was behind the party menu.

I believe this is what got rid of that shadow: "DrawBackground": false,

I already tried, this way it doesn't remove the shadow