Negative Conditions? Default Variable/Switch Value? String variables?

Vallar

Question

Hey, 

1- In Intersect events I noticed that all conditions are positive and NOT negative. For example there is a condition called "Class is" what I want to use is "Class is NOT". There is also "Has Spell" I want to use "Doesn't Have Spell". How can I have negative conditions?

2- Variables and switches (player ones) don't have a default value. In the Switches/Variables Editor, I can create a variable say "Test" but I can't assign a default value to it (true or false) so what is the default value (my guess is false but I want to make sure)? How can I change the default starting value? Same with Variables, I can't assign a value to them. I'd like to have something along the lines of variable "Skill Level" (think of Elder Scrolls type of skill levels) and do a check on it. The only way I saw this is in Global Variables and Switches (which I believe belong to the ENTIRE game rather than a specific player). I want to do this for each player.

3- Is there a possibility to have string based variables? So the variable would hold a string instead of a number?

4- In the class editor that are several attributes:

Strength

Mana

Movement Speed

I am guessing Str = damage, but does this affect something else?

Mana = spell damage, but does this affect something else?

Points = ???? I don't know

Movement Speed = how fast you move, does this affect attack speed too?

Thank you very much in advance.

6 answers to this question

Sorry about my delay in answering this, been really busy debugging and with work the past several days.

On 7/28/2016 at 6:50 AM, Vallar said:

1- In Intersect events I noticed that all conditions are positive and NOT negative. For example there is a condition called "Class is" what I want to use is "Class is NOT". There is also "Has Spell" I want to use "Doesn't Have Spell". How can I have negative conditions?

Whenever you use a conditional branch there, an else {} set of code is generated and you can use that for negative.

2- Variables and switches (player ones) don't have a default value. In the Switches/Variables Editor, I can create a variable say "Test" but I can't assign a default value to it (true or false) so what is the default value (my guess is false but I want to make sure)? How can I change the default starting value? Same with Variables, I can't assign a value to them. I'd like to have something along the lines of variable "Skill Level" (think of Elder Scrolls type of skill levels) and do a check on it. The only way I saw this is in Global Variables and Switches (which I believe belong to the ENTIRE game rather than a specific player). I want to do this for each player.

All switches are false by default. All variables are 0 by default. This is true for global and player until changed.

If you want to change the starting values you can create a common event that runs on login. Checks if switch 1 is false. If so it changes all kinds of values and changes switch 1 to true. Then their variables are set correctly to get started and next time switch 1 is true meaning that the script won't run.

3- Is there a possibility to have string based variables? So the variable would hold a string instead of a number?

Something we may eventually add. Not currently planned. (You can do this yourself after the source is out though.)

4- In the class editor that are several attributes:

Strength

Mana

Movement Speed

I am guessing Str = damage, but does this affect something else?

Mana = spell damage, but does this affect something else?

Points = ???? I don't know

Movement Speed = how fast you move, does this affect attack speed too?

Strength = Damage

Ability Power = Spell Damage (currently broken)

Defense = Blocks some damage from basic attacks

Magic Resist = Blocks some damage from spells

Speed = Affects movement and attack speed

HP = How much health you have

Mana = How much power you have to cast spells.

2 hours ago, Maysoon said:

on mobile right now. Spells don't scale with any stat currently. Str only had to do with melee damage. Points are for stat assignment.

If spells don't scale with any stat, what does Magic do? Or is that something planned to be fixed?

@jcsnider Interesting, thanks a lot for your explanations, really spot on! If I am not mistaken when you say Ability Power, you mean Mana Power? Unless you guys changed it.

If I am not mistaken all the formulas are hard coded into the source and can't be changed until release? 

Again, thanks a lot!