[v0.7.1.84-beta - v0.7.1.116-beta] Server crash - Received unhandled exception from System.Threading.Thread.

nvh

Question

9 answers to this question

On 2/28/2023 at 5:29 PM, Blestro said:

Hi, This one

bcaba9c560af51f93693dd47c231f4be.png

@Blestro Can you try checking out specifically this commit (SHA d416695aefe79d7de7b6d88e6dcdf02dbb8916e5) and seeing if you can run without the crash?

I have a feeling that the commit immediately after it is the one that is causing this crash with no information, but I have never been able to reproduce it and you are the first person who seems to be able to reproduce it and be compiling the source (which will help debugging it).

9 hours ago, Blestro said:

Hi

I have the same problem, when I try to open the server 

i am using a clean  build of the Main branch of the repository without none modifications

any idea to solve this issue ?

What is the latest commit that you have?

On 3/3/2023 at 10:06 AM, panda said:

@Blestro Can you try checking out specifically this commit (SHA d416695aefe79d7de7b6d88e6dcdf02dbb8916e5) and seeing if you can run without the crash?

I have a feeling that the commit immediately after it is the one that is causing this crash with no information, but I have never been able to reproduce it and you are the first person who seems to be able to reproduce it and be compiling the source (which will help debugging it).

@panda I ran the server without problems with this commit

4 hours ago, Blestro said:

@panda I ran the server without problems with this commit

@Blestro If you have it and are interested in a little bit faster turnaround, we can debug this problem on the Discord server.

In the mean time, can you try replacing internal static void ProcessUnhandledException(object sender, Exception exception) with the following and see if the crash will dump any information to the logs or the console?

internal static void ProcessUnhandledException(object sender, Exception exception)
        {
            var currentException = exception;
            var innerException = false;

do
            {
                Console.Error.WriteLine(currentException.Message);
                Console.Error.WriteLine(currentException.StackTrace);

var message = innerException ? "Caused by:" : $"Received unhandled exception from {sender}.";
                Log.Error(currentException, message);
                currentException = currentException.InnerException;
            } while (currentException != null);
        }