Untested Modifying Source

Bloodfist

Question

Okay. Totally new to this. Always wanted to make a game, but never took the time to learn to code. Found out about Intersect, now I'm finally making a game.

One... How do I edit the source most easily? I notice a lot is garbled up, and encrypted (I think). Is there an app I can use to display text files more easily?

Two... I was testing, and died... How do I set a respawn point, and make it work?

Three.... How can I modify my avatar to make it invincible. This will be my admin character, so I'm not trying to die constantly while testing.

Also, I'll have lot more questions for everyone, so the more feedback, the better. I'll follow this thread, and try to keep my questions in here, instead of everywhere. :)

Edited by Bloodfist
Additional Comments

6 answers to this question

Thanks, folks. Appreciate it. I'll be bringing more questions here, practically daily, so be warned. If you are all this helpful, I'm gonna stick around. :P

Downloading now, and installing all the bells and whistles I may, or may not, use one day. Better to have a not want, than want, and not have...

Edited by Bloodfist
Afterthought....

So the other 2 questions should be separate topics in the general Questions & Answers board just because they are not source related.

For respawn point that is set per-class in the class editor. You can get fancy later on with events to have reset points that change based on choices/progression but if you're just getting started the class editor respawn point is a good starting point.

For the admin player I'd make an admin class with a bunch of base health and stats, you can then make a new player with that class and then in the class editor you can 'Lock' that class so other new players can't obtain it.