Untested [$25] - Minimap for Intersect! [v0.7.1 and more]

boasfesta

Hello there!

It's been a while since I've been developing systems on demand for some forum members, and i noticed that there is always some systems that most people ask for.

Considering that, i've decided to open an Itch Io shop, where i can publish that systems for selling by a veeery cheaper price, this way, everyone is happy. :)

Starting by one of the most asked systems of whole tile: The minimap system. (Seriously, if I made $1 every time I was asked for this system, I would have more money than the price I put in the store.)

Its not a easy system to do and not very essential for users, so, most people decide to give priority to other systems instead of paying a high price on a UI element, forgetting the minimap by the way. BUT NOW THAT'S OVER!

wDZjt9u.png

Here is a functional minimap for Intersect, where you can customize almost everything! Such as minimap size, window layout, icons color, size and pics!.

Update v1.1

A new feature was added to set each tile color using the ground layer as reference automatically. This way, the minimap can be colorful or bit based mode. This configuration can be set by a boolean variable (true or false) at MinimapWindow.cs by source code. :)

Also, you can configure your minimap however you want. Such like icons, colors, size, tiles range and more. Here are some configurations:

Configuration examples

rFapUdD.png

A bit based minimap example using 4x4 icons where each element has a fixed color. Useful for showing attributes at big maps, such as blocks (red), enemies (yellow) and resources (green). 

Pw9Bb4r.png

A colorful minimap example using the ground layer as reference with 8x8 icons. Useful for highlight the map terrain and for show more quality icons.

Requirements

• Intersect v6.2, v0.7 and v0.7.1.
  • Git installed.

Features

• Shows: Empty tile, Free tile, Player, Entities (NPCs/Players), Blocks and Resources.
  • Window configured by a layout Json file.
  • Minimap size configured by code.
  • Icon colors configured by code.
  • Icons customized by a png file and their square are automatically redimensioned by the file height, so you can adjust the icons size just by editing the image file.
  • Compatible with map links.
  • Default macro configured: M Key.

Media

Content

The product includes:

• 3 git patches with the system source (for v0.6.2, v0.7 and v0.7.1).
  • A Readme.txt with installing instructions.
  • A Quickinstall.bat if your Intersect got no merge conflicts.
  • A License.txt
  • A folder with default resources for MinimapWindow.Json and the minimaptile.png (icons).

License

With this patch you can:

• Publish games with or without financial intent
  • Share your code with any member of your team

With this patch you can't:

• Resell or redistribute any content in this product to third parties
  • Acting in bad faith and passing or selling on a project, whether clean or not, for the sole purpose of distributing this content

Terms

As a buyer, you accept that:

• The system installation has been tested and works perfectly with a clean Intersect Engine project in versions v0.6.2, v0.7 and v0.7.1, if any adaptation or merging is needed, it is completely your responsibility.
  • If you need to merge your code, the product contains step-by-step commands and a video tutorial reference to help you out.
  • If your code has complex modifications or you are unable to merge the system yourself, or any problem with your specific project with this product will be charged a fee of $20 so that the support can perform the manual installation. This price is unique for how much systems you want (Of my shop). This fee will only be disregarded if it is necessary to modify the system for it works in your engine even if your source meets the requirements.
  • Refunds will only be made if your engine meets the requirements and, even after the merge, the system does not work.

Support

For any problems or doubts with this system, add me on discord: boasfesta#8721. It will be a pleasure to help. :)

Link to the shop: https://boasfesta.itch.io/intersect-minimap-system

If Itch.Io worth it, I will be publishing more generic systems like this for sale at low prices. By the way, which system would you like to see in the store? :3_grin:

Thanks and be safe!

EDIT

• (19/10/2022) Added support for Intersect v0.7.1
  • (19/10/2022) Price reduced to $25 for limited time.

Looks good boasfesta. Is it possible to render more map grids at a time? Seems to only render what is already on the screen. Would be cool to shrink the maps even more and allow connected maps not in current view to be rendered as well.

4 minutes ago, Justn said:

Looks good boasfesta. Is it possible to render more map grids at a time? Seems to only render what is already on the screen. Would be cool to shrink the maps even more and allow connected maps not in current view to be rendered as well.

Actually the system is compatible with the map links, the video demonstrates that with a "grass map" and a "sand map", they are linked each other. :)

That is'nt properly highlighted because the minimap tile icon does'nt change, since it is fixed for any free tile and i just put an grass icon for demonstration. Maybe i can develop an improvement to get the tile main color in the future, but i dont think it will be easy hahah

22 minutes ago, boasfesta said:

Maybe i can develop an improvement to get the tile main color in the future, but i dont think it will be easy hahah

You'd probably be able to reuse the existing map render buffers to render it again but smaller.

Mind you'll never be able to render anything outside the map grid the client knows about. So if you need to see more than potentially 9 maps you'll have to rework the server to deal with that and the potential performance loss from that.

4 minutes ago, Cheshire said:

You'd probably be able to reuse the existing map render buffers to render it again but smaller.

Mind you'll never be able to render anything outside the map grid the client knows about. So if you need to see more than potentially 9 maps you'll have to rework the server to deal with that and the potential performance loss from that.

Its a good suggestion, my first try was to re-rendering to the minimap window, but it seems too hard due to change the GameRendering class and estabilishing a new interaction to the UI elements, so i've decided to use ImagePanels instead. Maybe a cache with tile info updated in real rendering time would do, i just need to set an custom color using standard deviation of the 32x32 tile colors i guess.

Yea, @Cheshire, the minimap renders only the adjacent maps, so you cant see more than 2 maps distance for example. I've forgot to specify that for you  @Justn

Also i dont think you need to render more than 1 adjacent map, otherwise, would cost a lot of performance as Chesire mentioned.

• boasfesta changed the title to [$25] - Minimap for Intersect! [v0.7.1 and more]