Paperdoll Server Performance?

trollface

Question

Do the amount of Paper Doll files affect server performance when players are in the same area?

Does have One Sword Paper Doll between two players act the same in context to server performance as if I had 30 different weapon paper dolls between the two players?

4 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, trollface said:

Do the amount of Paper Doll files affect server performance when players are in the same area?

Does have One Sword Paper Doll between two players act the same in context to server performance as if I had 30 different weapon paper dolls between the two players?

So the paper dolls are loaded via the MonoContentManager.cs when the server is started via the LoadTextureGroup function. (I believe)
The client will load the paper doll a couple times;

• Entity box
  • Character window
  • On map
  • etc

So as far as server performance you should be fine. I have heard that leafling has had up to about 150-200 players online at once and they use i think 5 paper dolls per character and since then there have been performance upgrades.

I'm not to sure what you mean by;

I want to say one sword paper doll between two players acts the same in context to server performance. Meaning since the server loads all the paper doll images at startup. I am confused by the last part though, 30 different weapon paper dolls between two players would mean each has 15 weapons equiped at once..?

7 hours ago, OniSensei said:

So the paper dolls are loaded via the MonoContentManager.cs when the server is started via the LoadTextureGroup function. (I believe)

This only counts for the client, the server doesn't load any resource that isn't a JSON file or database object.