Noob in need of help

Cookviper

Question

I'm beyond excited to start using this software to build a long held dream of mine. My first question, is there a way to rename or change primary options? For instance my game does not use magic or spells. I'd like to rename "Magic" to "Tech" and change "Spells" to "Skills". Does anyone know how I can do that?

9 answers to this question

Thank you for the quick responses. After searching a few string files I know realize how large of a task that would be to change everything. Is there anyone that I could pay to make these changes for me? Not sure how this forum works but I thought I'd ask.

1 minute ago, Beefy Kasplant said:

Ctrl f: spell

Replace all: skill 

I'd start there and then see if you need to pay someone

That would work but you gotta find a way for that replace to only occur on the right side of the colon otherwise you break the string identifiers.

I started this process but became quickly overwhelmed after seeing how many different strings and JSON files there are that would need tweaking. The word magic and spell are all over the place. That's why I think it would be better just to pay someone because I don't trust myself to not mess everything up.