What is the function that the On Hit skills should have?

Blinkuz

Question

As the title of the post says, I have doubts regarding the operation of this type of skill, I tried to test it but I did not obtain any results (maybe I am doing something wrong), to test I did a skill of the On Hit type with a duration of 10 seconds and in the effects I applied a stun of 3 seconds to make sure that something happened when they HIT ME but nothing happened neither in me nor in the npc that attacked me, someone explains to me that I am doing wrong

8 answers to this question

The spell type "On Hit" need to be configured "On hit" on both parts (On spell type and effects) for work propertly 

You can't add at the moment some aditional effects to "on hit" skills

The "On hit" spells are for made the next attack more powerfully

Thanks for your answers, I will try it, although in my opinion the expected behavior would be different, for example a skill that when receiving 1 hit from the enemy allows you to do a type of teleport to another point, or that an automatic shield appears and you do not receive the damage.

25 minutes ago, Blinkuz said:

Thanks for your answers, I will try it, although in my opinion the expected behavior would be different, for example a skill that when receiving 1 hit from the enemy allows you to do a type of teleport to another point, or that an automatic shield appears and you do not receive the damage.

You mean the opposite as it currently does(triggering when receiving hits instead of when hitting)?. That could be a cool thing to do as well, I like both options, they give a lot of cool battle possibilities, specially when teamworking(imagine physically fighting woth some wizard, you are sure you're gonna win because his mp are empty but suddenly he hits you and deals you strong magic damage, and then you realize someone else added that onhit spell on your enemy)

@Khaikaa Exactly, I'm doing a ninja game and this is the typical ability to disappear creating an illusion that the enemy has attacked you but you appear behind him and stab him, I think I'll make an issue on the github as a new feature and I managed to end it in my project then share it.