Event at specific times.... Autorun event ressources usage ?

Beast Boyz

Question

Hello everyone, 

I have Two questions if someone know :

I want to make an event only avaible every Week (in real time) at a special time (Like beetween 9 PM to 10:30 PM) .

The only solution i have for now is to make a Global autorun event wich increase a counter of 1 every  86 400 000 MS (Could reduce it to make less vulnerable to server crash or things like that)

And when the counter is to 7 and the hour is right with the server timer (real time) the event will be avaible.

I want to do something similar for a duration of a month.

Is there another way to do it ? (Like simpler or if i'm missing something)

Don't tell me about "sources"(Except if you are willing to make it haha ^^)

Also, does autorun event like those consume a lot of ressources ?

As I use a lot of autorun event to check diverse things(Classes spell, Timed event and items, etc...) , i'm afraid if there is more than 20 player or something like that to have Lag...

(In my game you can switch classes often and there are a lot of them. Each has 6 skills and I want them to be forgotten when you change class so far I am using an auto-execute event which spell out your classes when you are in that same class and take them away from you when you change ... I don't know if I'm clear)

Thanks by advance !

3 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Beast Realm said:

I want to make an event only avaible every Week (in real time) at a special time (Like beetween 9 PM to 10:30 PM) .

Maybe it can help a lot.

Also, does autorun event like those consume a lot of ressources ?

I believe that everything depends on the machine. Even if your game doesn’t have a lot of stuff, maps, resources, etc., you may not be able to handle 5 players. But a machine with high ram and processor, will be able to withstand the players and the automatic events running. I have about 30 automatic events running and it doesn't consume much of the machine, nor cause lag in the game.

27 minutes ago, Joyce said:

Would it not be more accurate to trigger them through a cronjob that changes a value through the API when it has to activate?

I think that falls under this category:

19 hours ago, Beast Realm said:

Don't tell me about "sources"(Except if you are willing to make it haha ^^)