Is there anything you can do to stop rubberbanding?

Beefy Kasplant

Question

With Dash 2.0 you are fast as heck, and combined with diagonal movement you move a lot of tiles in a short time. 

I have 100 ping and the lowest tier on JC's host, does that increase my rubberbanding?

Can I do anything in the server settings to decrease the rubberbanding or do I wait for the fix?

3 answers to this question

Yes. Once our update is out it shouldn't be a problem unless your server CPU is spiking to 100% or if ping is up to 400ms. 

Edit: If you change the following line to

player.MoveTimer = 0; then I think it will disable the speedhack protection and also remove the Rubberbanding. 

https://github.com/AscensionGameDev/Intersect-Engine/blob/a384580f78e40665613550d60a60f2b0fbec25a0/Intersect.Server/Networking/PacketHandler.cs#L418

By that I mean it's a temporary edit that should make it feel like it will when we roll out updates for that system. 

You delete or modify the line of code that causes the rubber banding in the server's packet handler for movement. Caveat is that this will probably allow speed hacking (if you outright delete it, or modify it incorrectly).

Less resources probably increases rubber banding, but there could be a lot of other factors.

9 hours ago, panda said:

You delete or modify the line of code that causes the rubber banding in the server's packet handler for movement. Caveat is that this will probably allow speed hacking (if you outright delete it, or modify it incorrectly).

Less resources probably increases rubber banding, but there could be a lot of other factors.

Ah, I increased the maximum allowed packets per second in the server config, but that doesn't do anything then? 

So as I understand it, once there's a fix (from me or you guys) it will be a lot better, even with the bad connection?