Endless maps (looping/wrapping)

kokeimasaki

Question

Hello, i'm trying to use the map editor to do looping maps so if you walk to the edge of one it will "wrap" around and take you to the other. I want NPCs and such to be able to walk as well, without using events/warp tiles.

I thought I could just "link" the map, but it seems to restrict it to only being linked a single time. Even manually editing the database didn't seem to work.

Here's an example of what I'm looking for :
https://www.ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/2dfa742f3704df3d6f739b1babfd7fae.jpg

Is it possible to move from 3C East to 3A, 2C North to 3C, 2A West to 2C, etc etc

6 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Andical said:

Just copy maps with selection tool or add wraps in the border

That's not perfectly whaty he want. If one player is at 2A and another one is at 2C and move to the right the character will move to 2A  and see the other player. 

The only way you could do that would be with source edit.

On 8/2/2020 at 11:42 AM, Andical said:

Just copy maps with selection tool or add wraps in the border

This wouldn't work with players / npcs, and it would still be the same issue just with an additional map

22 hours ago, Gibier said:

That's not perfectly whaty he want. If one player is at 2A and another one is at 2C and move to the right the character will move to 2A  and see the other player. 

The only way you could do that would be with source edit.

I'm open to doing source edits, but where is this limitation in place? I manually edit the database for warping but it didn't work. Any ideas on where I should look?