SPRITES and PAPERDOLS

Minamoto Yoshitsune

Question

11 answers to this question

Just now, SkyZero said:

does anyone have this model of sprites and paperdols?

91d477533e06c70918f06ed77701f59a.png

preferably paperdol.

Yes but I had to create them myself (some purchased), and will most likely never part with them.

Best way to do it is put a player base sprite down, copy a sprite image as a layer ontop of base (so if sprite has nice armour you want), and then start to strip away copied sprite until you have the image you want, such as the armour.

Here is one of my projects that uses these graphics:

16 hours ago, Weylon Santana said:

High fantasy sprites style.

But nothing about paperdolls.

Problem with high fantasy sprites (reason why I stopped dev of one of my games) is due to the size of the sprites, it cuases issues with fringe layers and block tiles you place for base of tile.

So if you have a lamp post (for example) and it has a 1 tile base, so you put a block on it and everything above is fringe, when the player or npc walks up to the block tile, his head will be under the fringe while his body wont be... If that makes sense, so you have to then do a double block for the bottom 2 tiles for the lamp post which restricts the players and looks really poor. Anything above 64 pixels in hieght will do this.

Looking back through my game it makes me want to pick it back up and resize everything lol....

and do anyone have a basic sword and staff, for the basic_male that comes with the game? 1 paperdoll of the sword and 1 paperdoll of the staff, i was looking and i have paperdolls of helmets, and other clothes, but not even 1 sword or staff

On 2/20/2020 at 2:45 PM, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Problem with high fantasy sprites (reason why I stopped dev of one of my games) is due to the size of the sprites, it cuases issues with fringe layers and block tiles you place for base of tile.

So if you have a lamp post (for example) and it has a 1 tile base, so you put a block on it and everything above is fringe, when the player or npc walks up to the block tile, his head will be under the fringe while his body wont be... If that makes sense, so you have to then do a double block for the bottom 2 tiles for the lamp post which restricts the players and looks really poor. Anything above 64 pixels in hieght will do this.

Looking back through my game it makes me want to pick it back up and resize everything lol....

if the guy doesn't comment i would never see this message.  on the server there is how you choose a base size for the tiles, would that help?  just curiosity.

On 2/20/2020 at 1:45 PM, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Resizing would be a solution. However, I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is a limitation of the engine. The solution is for the game logic to check if you're south of the fringe, and if so render the player above it.