Heroes Of Ascension [Community made game]

Kibbelz

Heroes of Ascension

Name to be subject to change

As a community we have decided to all get together and make a community game using our nice shiny new engine: Intersect.

What does this offer the community?

• An opportunity to learn from other developers experienced in different areas of game development.
  • All assets made for this project will be distributed with the Official Intersect Assets Pack for you all to use in your own games.
  • All profits (If any) will be put back into the website, Intersect Developers and server hosting of this game.
  • Give back to the community offering you this free engine and support.
  • Have fun with other like minded developers!

Development rules:

Spoiler

1. The game has to be free to play. If there is any premium content, all earned money(if any) will be used to support AGD community and Intersect development. 

2. All game content(including any graphic content, music or sounds) made for this project will be free to use for any Intersect user as any base-intersect resource.

3. There will be a development team, a moderating team and a testing team. Development team and testing team will be formed by volunteers, while moderating team will be formed only by AGD staff (any interested moderator or admin).

4. All development or game design decision will be taken democratically by the development team, while moderating team will ensure that all development team members respect the democratic resolution.

5. Only the moderating team will be able to accept new volunteers or to kick a development team or a testing team member, but development team and testing team will be able to revoke a moderating team action democratically if they want to.

6. All the development team and testing team members have the right to appear on the credits section of the game if they want to and, only if there is no commited work from a certain development team member on the public game server  or if a certain testing team member has not actively tested, moderating team will be able to revoke that right.

7. The development team members will have 1 primary and up to 2 secondary role. These roles can't be changed unless moderating team accepts it. Development team members won't be able to perform any action from different roles than his/hers.

8. The game language will be in English.

9. All forum and discord rules apply.

10. All development team and moderating team members have to follow the working methodologies.

Development roles:

• Developer

• Artist

• Musician

• Tester

Spoiler

Coding related roles are currently unavailable as Intersect is closed source. This may change over time...

If you want to contribute please respond to this topic using the following template:

Spoiler

Name:

Position:

Examples of your work:

You will NOT be accepted without any examples of your work.

Users with a large number of warnings and rule infractions will be denied access to contributing towards this project.

This does not mean you will be bared from this project forever. Improve your behaviour both on and off the forums and apply again.

Quality Control

When this idea was initially created, Myself and others really wanted to allow everyone of all skill ranges to be able to contribute towards this projects development. Sadly that is not going to be feasible as I know a lot of talented developers are going to pour their heart and soul into this project. For example pairing this map next to this map would simply be a disservice to their hard work alongside creating an extremely toxic atmosphere very quickly which is the exact opposite of what we want to create here. We also want to use this game as a showcase for good development, something we should all aspire to and be proud of! If you do not meet our development standards do not worry, you can always apply again after honing your skills!

Everyone is able to become a Tester and contribute through ideas and play testing the game, so no one should feel left out!

We will be communicating on the AGD discord channel, if you have been accepted to collaborate simply ask for a moderator to change your roles within the server to get stuck in!

You can access our discord server here:

I was skeptical at first, and still am just a bit, but this post has helped alleviate some of the negative thoughts I had towards this game. 

I would offer my services but my but my new daughter was just born and I’m probably going to be fairly busy for a while to say the least. Good luck on the project and I hope everything turn soon out great!

2 hours ago, Zetasis said:

I was skeptical at first, and still am just a bit, but this post has helped alleviate some of the negative thoughts I had towards this game. 

I would offer my services but my but my new daughter was just born and I’m probably going to be fairly busy for a while to say the least. Good luck on the project and I hope everything turn soon out great!

Thanks Zeta, You are more than welcome to join and assist when you can. No time commitments required, contribute as little or as much as you wish when you wish! Also congrats on your daughter!