WIP Phantom Farm

Grizzy

Hey everyone! Thanks for taking your time to come check out my fun little project. I'm excited to not only create something fun people may enjoy but to also expand my skill set along the way. Once the engine (Intersect) if fully released I plan to expand my coding abilities while also having fun working on this title. I currently have been teaching myself C++ as well as Python (Just finished Python Crash Course 2nd Edition). In addition to that I will also be doing all the graphical work, music production/composition and whatever I can myself... However enough about that, please join me as I explain the concept I have come up with in my head that may not be as cool as I think it is.. lol.

NriJ0q.png

Phantom Farm will be a 2D MORPG slathered with sexy 80s style/chiptune music. It will be a darker toned game that might remind you slightly of Stranger Things meets Ghostbusters. The universe will be set with two sides. Tho good and evil might not be as clear as some other RPGs the "light and dark" worlds will be very clearly defined. There will be two identical worlds where battles will ensue to take primary control of the Universe. There will be two identical worlds parallel to one another just with different stories, characters, and atmospheres.

PVP based battles will occur and the winners will take control of the parallel universes AOB. I'm actually still trying to figure out exactly how this will work (Please slap some of yalls amazing suggestions around, I am always open to new ideas and crit), the general idea of the thing is each world trying to over take the other side.

Players who contribute the most during battles will accumulate PVP points that will be tallied at the end of the day and posted on the website where the leaderboards will be available 24/7. (Leaderboards will likely be updated based on EST).

I have no specific ideas down yet when it comes to story but I hope to have that done once I get more done with the graphical work and the idea more clairvoyant and understandable.

Screen Shot of some of the graphics I made today. A lot more detail and work to be added.

Spoiler

Z8ZIaI.png

I've already purchased a server and will allow anyone to hop on that might want to just come hang around and socialize. One of my primary focuses of education during the creation of this will be learning how to cultivate and create a well functioning social environment for players. So again any suggestions and ideas slap em at me please.

Thank you guys very much. Will be updating this as much as possible so I hope to hear more from everyone soon! 

Stranger Things is one of my favorite shows so this has got me intrigued. Also looking forward to some of that awesome 80's synth music ;)

Keep us posted.

Edit: Btw, your sprite dude looks terrified. Thats when you know the horror is real.

1 hour ago, Zetasis said:

Stranger Things is one of my favorite shows so this has got me intrigued. Also looking forward to some of that awesome 80's synth music ;)

Keep us posted.

Edit: Btw, your sprite dude looks terrified. Thats when you know the horror is real.

Hopefully he is terrified because of the game and not because he looks like Tommy Pickles but as an adult naked man in a diaper vs a baby. 😅

I really like the world vs world Idea, though I bet that'll be kind of hard to pull off in early stages as it would require enough players on both sides (otherwise it's an auto win for one side, which would motivate people to only populate that one.) 

I like your graphics, may I just suggest to use a seamless overlay over the grass and soil, so that there isn't that harsh line between the tiles. 

9 hours ago, Kyletok said:

I really like the world vs world Idea, though I bet that'll be kind of hard to pull off in early stages as it would require enough players on both sides (otherwise it's an auto win for one side, which would motivate people to only populate that one.) 

I like your graphics, may I just suggest to use a seamless overlay over the grass and soil, so that there isn't that harsh line between the tiles. 

Whats a seemless overlay friend?

• 1 month later...