Running Intersect's Server On Linux

jcsnider

19 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Désolé pour la réponse très tardive, mais nous venons de régler cela nous-mêmes. La commande de lancement doit être:

Sans l'ensemble LD_LIBRARY_PATH, il ne trouvera pas la bibliothèque sqlite que le serveur extrait pour une raison quelconque.

I just tried it personally but I still have the problem with sqlite

Log1

Log2

• 6 months later...

Hi guys!

Whenever I close my terminal, after some time, in my VM, the server closes. Any tips on how to keep it alive and running?

-------

I figured it out, using "Screen". just get it and it's easy, if someone needs help:

install GNU screen: apt-get update apt-get upgrade apt-get install screen

type "screen". this will open up a new screen

run the process to get the server up

type: Ctrl + A, and then Ctrl + D. This will detach your screen session but leave your processes running

feel free to close the SSH terminal. whenever you feel like it, come back to your terminal, and type screen -r to resume your previously detached session.

to kill all detached screens, run: screen -ls | grep pts | cut -d. -f1 | awk '{print $1}' | xargs kill

9 hours ago, Habib said:

Hi guys!

Whenever I close my terminal, after some time, in my VM, the server closes. Any tips on how to keep it alive and running?

-------

I figured it out, using "Screen". just get it and it's easy, if someone needs help:

install GNU screen: apt-get update apt-get upgrade apt-get install screen

type "screen". this will open up a new screen

run the process to get the server up

type: Ctrl + A, and then Ctrl + D. This will detach your screen session but leave your processes running

feel free to close the SSH terminal. whenever you feel like it, come back to your terminal, and type screen -r to resume your previously detached session.

to kill all detached screens, run: screen -ls | grep pts | cut -d. -f1 | awk '{print $1}' | xargs kill

Or "Tmux"

If your leave, the session continue =) :91_thumbsup:

On 8/12/2021 at 7:53 PM, Habib said:

Cool! There's any way to restart the server through the server terminal itself? Like a reboot command.

Linux person here. What type of unix OS are you using?

On 8/12/2021 at 7:53 PM, Habib said:

Cool! There's any way to restart the server through the server terminal itself? Like a reboot command.

Most linux systems (not all) use systemd to manage services. This can ensure persistence of your server so if it crashes, it will automatically be restarted, you can also use systemd to ensure the service runs under a certain user so the app is limited to certain permissions, and restricted to their own environments within linux. Systemd allows us to manage services as well with console commands like
`sudo systemctl stop <service>`
`sudo systemctl start <service>`

`sudo systemctl restart <service>`

`sudo systemctl enable <service>` - ensures if the system restarts, the service is started back up automatically on boot.

`sudo systemctl disable <service>`

`sudo systemctl status <service>` - check whether a service is successfully started and running

Assuming you are using a debian based distribution such as ubuntu, I garuntee your system is likely using systemctl. I use Manjaro linux which is arch based and it uses systemctl too.
Here is a link for setting up services using systemd to sort of point you in the right direction. I'm sure you can find a tutorial that suits your distribution best.
https://medium.com/@benmorel/creating-a-linux-service-with-systemd-611b5c8b91d6

Systemd also uses journald for logging, so any errors your service throws will be output into your system's journal. I recommend reading a bit up on how that works and what other capabilities systemd holds

• 1 year later...

Hi!,

Anybody know what the problem might be?

Mono JIT compiler version 6.8.0.105 (Debian 6.8.0.105+dfsg-3.2 Wed Jun 30 05:30:13 UTC 2021)
Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com

Ubuntu 22 LTS

d85beef897e2899d8a7b00a395233729.png

2023-05-25 17:09:49.410 [Warn] FileNotFoundException: Missing configuration file.
    Stack:   at Intersect.Configuration.ConfigurationHelper.Load[T] (T configuration, System.String filePath, System.Boolean failQuietly) [0x00008] in <5c7f8e663402492e839267ef4f5edd99>:0 
  at Intersect.Server.Web.RestApi.Configuration.ApiConfiguration.Load (System.String filePath, System.Boolean failQuietly) [0x00000] in <636a8c94fc0d4556be53063ac6dc7277>:0 
  at Intersect.Configuration.ConfigurationHelper.LoadSafely[T] (T configuration, System.String filePath) [0x0000b] in <5c7f8e663402492e839267ef4f5edd99>:0 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: If i change database to sql have some other error

2023-05-25 17:50:55.105 [Error] Received unhandled exception from System.Threading.Thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2023-05-25 17:50:55.099 [Error] GAMEDB: 20102 - Failed executing DbCommand (3ms) [Parameters=[], CommandType='Text', CommandTimeout='30']
ALTER TABLE `Items` ADD `CooldownGroup` longtext NOT NULL DEFAULT '';

MySQL returned the message:

#1101 - 'CooldownGroup' blob cannot have default value

On 5/25/2023 at 1:34 PM, Authentic said:

2023-05-25 17:09:49.410 [Warn] FileNotFoundException: Missing configuration file.
    Stack:   at Intersect.Configuration.ConfigurationHelper.Load[T] (T configuration, System.String filePath, System.Boolean failQuietly) [0x00008] in <5c7f8e663402492e839267ef4f5edd99>:0 
  at Intersect.Server.Web.RestApi.Configuration.ApiConfiguration.Load (System.String filePath, System.Boolean failQuietly) [0x00000] in <636a8c94fc0d4556be53063ac6dc7277>:0 
  at Intersect.Configuration.ConfigurationHelper.LoadSafely[T] (T configuration, System.String filePath) [0x0000b] in <5c7f8e663402492e839267ef4f5edd99>:0 

This is a warning, not an error, you can ignore it.

On 5/25/2023 at 1:34 PM, Authentic said:

2023-05-25 17:50:55.105 [Error] Received unhandled exception from System.Threading.Thread.

2023-05-25 17:50:55.099 [Error] GAMEDB: 20102 - Failed executing DbCommand (3ms) [Parameters=[], CommandType='Text', CommandTimeout='30']

You did not provide a version of MySQL so we can't really help.

The latest MariaDB is recommended over MySQL.

2 hours ago, panda said:

This is a warning, not an error, you can ignore it.

You did not provide a version of MySQL so we can't really help.

The latest MariaDB is recommended over MySQL.

8.0 and 5.5 no work i try today mariadb

• 2 weeks later...
  • panda pinned this topic