Weapon Upgrade/Refine System

WEAPON UPGRADE / REFINE SYSTEM

Made for Capivarinha.

Feel free to modify this example.

EXAMPLE (Sword upgrade 4x)

1. Firstly create a sword and duplicate it 3 times to give you four swords.
  2. Secondly edit all these swords so each better sword is a bit better than the previous one in stats.
  3. Thirdly create a blacksmiths or something. Create a variable called "Sword Upgrade State" or whatever you want to call it. Must be a PLAYER variable.
  4. Fourthly create an event in the blacksmiths or anvil so you can pay gold or whatever to upgrade your sword. You should make it to pay gold to add +1 to sword state, as long as it is not already maxed. (Level 4 in this case.)
  5. Fifthly create a LOOPING common event. Make four conditional branches - if sword upgrade state equals 1, 2, 3 or 4. If it equals 1, remove swords level 2, 3 and 4 from your inventory and add level 1 sword to your inventory if you don't already have one. If it equals level 2, remove swords level 1, 3, 4 from your inventory and add level 2 sword to your inventory if you don't already have one. Etc.

And you're done! Feel free to use this system without credit but it would be appreciated of course.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Good use of the event system, but cant you just used the "Crafting System" to do this?

Well with you way it wont supress all the other swords that the player have. So wont delete my level 4 sword if i want to craft an other sword with a lower level.

4 hours ago, Gibier said:

Well with you way it wont supress all the other swords that the player have. So wont delete my level 4 sword if i want to craft an other sword with a lower level.

I would use the Crafting system then create an entirely separate system for Disenchanting where you get materials back. That's where you can use Bunny Gamer's system quite well. Useful idea, just depends how you use it!

• 3 years later...