Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
Worldofjimmy

Making a skill level up

Question

Hello, 

 

Im trying to make a skill level up when it hit a certain amount of experience points.

So far i managed to figure out how to gain experience points on a newly created skill. For example Mining.

what I can’t figure out is how to make the skill level up on X experience points. I tried to use a conditional but it got stuck in a loop.

 

Anyone who might have a solution?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

If your using player variables for example "Mining EXP" & "Mining Level" and want the "Mining Level" to increase when "Mining EXP" gets to a certain point you can use a condition for player variable "Mining EXP" is equal to or greater than.

 

Example:

 

Condition: Is Mining EXP => 1000

Then Mining Level = 1

Else

Condition: Is Mining EXP => 2000

Then Mining Level = 2

Else

Condition: Is Mining EXP => 3000

Then Mining Level = 3

 

And so on...

 

Hope this helps. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
10 hours ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

If your using player variables for example "Mining EXP" & "Mining Level" and want the "Mining Level" to increase when "Mining EXP" gets to a certain point you can use a condition for player variable "Mining EXP" is equal to or greater than.

 

Example:

 

Condition: Is Mining EXP => 1000

Then Mining Level = 1

Else

Condition: Is Mining EXP => 2000

Then Mining Level = 2

Else

Condition: Is Mining EXP => 3000

Then Mining Level = 3

 

And so on...

 

Hope this helps. :)

 

This is the solution for my problem :1_grinning:

Thanks for helping, I made this tiny tutorial with this final piece.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
12 hours ago, Dashplant said:

Levels aren't even really necessary. Just the experience is enough 

Depends on if he wants a level variable to display to players to show what level they are

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 minutes ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Depends on if he wants a level variable to display to players to show what level they are

 

Sure, but that's just for show. In the backend it's easier to just stick with experience.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
24 minutes ago, Dashplant said:

 

Sure, but that's just for show. In the backend it's easier to just stick with experience.

 

Ah yeah total agree with that, but I always have it so a player can see his level and normally keep EXP hidden unless they run a /command :)

 

EDIT: Wooop! 100th Post! :D

Edited by Ainz Ooal Gown
Edit as hit 100th post! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×