Health or Mana increase based on Stats

Ainz Ooal Gown

Question

Hi,

Is there any other way to manipulate Health a player has via stats instead of just based on class or items?

So as an example:

1. Player One is going to be a Warrior, so when he adds points to attack he gets an increase to his health.
  2. Player Two is going to be a Mage, so when he adds points to ability power he gets an increase to his mana.

11 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Dashplant said:

Haha not trying to be rude but 'You need source for that' is the answer to 90% of the questions here, so I thought I would have fun with it ;)

Haha its all good mate :)

It was just in case I was missing something after going through configs and such.

The unlazy answer:

A workaround for Giving a Warrior extra Vitals  would be something like;  
1. Create items to represent the increased Vitals. (i.e. Vitality Rune, Mana Rune)
2. Add your desire + HP/MP stats to the items.
3. Make a Global Event - set on autorun. Have it run a conditional check for:
    -Does player have items (Vitality/Mama rune), if No then check
    -the players class, and ifWarror then,
    -check Player 'Attack' is greater than X = Give Vitality Rune.
4. The player would have to equip the rune to get the effects, which means you would have to add a 'Rune' slot to your characters slots.

You can also be more complex and give different runes for different amounts of each stat a player has, to increase Vitals. This would get pretty complex having to check each Stat.

This is of course not the best way to do this, and waiting for the source would give the best results. But it is possible to do many things in odd ways if it's something you really want in the game now. Hope this got you thinking.

Insert other media

2 minutes ago, CosakiGames said:

The unlazy answer:

A workaround for Giving a Warrior extra Vitals  would be something like;  
1. Create items to represent the increased Vitals. (i.e. Vitality Rune, Mana Rune)
2. Add your desire + HP/MP stats to the items.
3. Make a Global Event - set on autorun. Have it run a conditional check for:
    -Does player have items (Vitality/Mama rune), if No then check
    -the players class, and ifWarror then,
    -check Player 'Attack' is greater than X = Give Vitality Rune.
4. The player would have to equip the rune to get the effects, which means you would have to add a 'Rune' slot to your characters slots.

You can also be more complex and give different runes for different amounts of each stat a player has, to increase Vitals. This would get pretty complex having to check each Stat.

This is of course not the best way to do this, and waiting for the source would give the best results. But it is possible to do many things in odd ways if it's something you really want in the game now. Hope this got you thinking.

Insert other media

That's not an unlazy answer, that's a hacky workaround.

When will the event be triggered?

It will always block an item slot per rune

What will you do about players trading their high level runes to lower level players? 

You will need a rune for every possible amount of stat points in every stat

What is the player going to do with all the previous vitality runes? 

What will happen when a player is buffed or debuffed?

4 minutes ago, Dashplant said:

That's not an unlazy answer, that's a hacky workaround.

it's Autorun

Make a seperate slot for the rune.

What will you do about players trading their high level runes to lower level players? 
Legit point, I would say have them Bound but it seems it can still be traded (not sure if that is a bug or not)

No, just checking both stats (this is only Def & Ability Power for HP/MP), and then how many points the player has - so could do 1-5 DEF = 10 HP, 6-10 DEF = 20 HP, etc

I forgot to put a check/take for the old runes, was just writting this fast. But would be simple enough.

What will happen when a player is buffed or debuffed?
The events can now check for buffed stats in 5.1

10 minutes ago, CosakiGames said:

it's Autorun

Still someone would need to enter the map to trigger this. Will you put it in every map? 

10 minutes ago, CosakiGames said:

Make a seperate slot for the rune.

It will still be in the inventory

12 minutes ago, CosakiGames said:

No, just checking both stats (this is only Def & Ability Power for HP/MP), and then how many points the player has - so could do 1-5 DEF = 10 HP, 6-10 DEF = 20 HP, etc

This defeats the whole point. Then you might as well make a system where people can buy or receive these runes when their stat is high enough.

12 minutes ago, CosakiGames said:

I forgot to put a check/take for the old runes, was just writting this fast. But would be simple enough.

So now, every time you level up you have to re-equip the runes? Defeats the purpose. 

I'm not saying that your way of doing it is bad, but it's a different system. This is just a health buff item which you can equip at a certain level/stat.

Yes Dash, it is not perfect, and it is not the exact same thing he wants.

It is just a much better way to get ideas going then just to say 'wait til source'.

If he can not code, or wants it implemented now - there are ways to attempt to make it happen. Who knows, maybe it will spark an idea for a better solution.