It's possible create a server without using port ?

AlexandreKayle

Question

When i start my server, says "it does not appear that your game is accessible to the outside world" anyone can help me ?

Notes:

-I don't have any antivirus

-My firewall is disabled

-I'm at home

-I'm using Windows 7 

Netdebug :

http://ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/12ed1627f4319368a23aeac0659a9bd3.txt

Screenshots of my Console : 

3cd53223a34880bb9f6c70f208b8cf41.png

12 answers to this question

This case might be beyond our capabilities.

2e3cff28e8e5043ac198fc6891dbb97b.png

According to the debug output you have at least 3 routing devices between yourself and the public internet.  The black arrows show how the internet reaches your pc.

Most people only have 1 routing device between the open network and their pc, here is my network map for instance.

In order to get your game to be publicly accessible you would have to do the following:

• You would have to login/configure the red router/modem to port forward port 5400 to the green.
  • Then you would have to login/configure the green router to port forward 5400 from the green to the orange.

The light blue line actually shows that your pc was able to go the last forward (Orange -> Black) automatically.. but all the other devices would have to be manually configured.

I'm guessing that the red/green devices are not owned by you/not able to be configured and that the orange device is the actual router in your possession.  Without being able to configure the rest you have no chance of hosting a game from your location.

I think this is a lost cause.

1 hour ago, AlexandreKayle said:

I can't use any vpn or noip to host a server ? 

No. Noip is only an alias for your IP, so thats no help here.

And public VPNs dont allow port forwarding at all, this is not gonna work.

Do you have access to your router configuration? If yes, what model do you have?

In case you're not, the only options are a virtual LAN network (like Hamachi, but everyone thats going to connect to your game will have to install it and connect to your network. Bad idea!) or to rent a internet hosted server (like Intersect Hosting Solutions).

15 minutes ago, AlexandreKayle said:

It's possible create a server without using port ?

It's possible ? 

Please use this existing topic to ask further questions because this topic contains important information regarding your network layout.

We cannot change how networking works on a fundamental level, hosting from anywhere requires port forwarding and because modifying your network is outside of our capabilities you have two options.

You can use a VPN service (like Hamachi). But that would be slow and all of your players would have to download and setup Hamachi to play. But that would mean you only have to worry about the firewall on your own pc. 

Or you can use a hosting service like mine where we host your game for you and we do the port forwarding for you on our own network. As far as hosting services work any windows vps service is also acceptable. (I don’t get the feeling that you want to configure a Linux vps). These are the best hosting options available by far because these servers are hosted with amazingly quick connections - the downside is that they all cost a little bit monthly.

/Any/ host that provides a Windows VPS will work, you do not have to use my service.  If you wanted to go with someone else my recommendation would be OVH, they are expensive but I've never had a bad experience with them in the past: https://www.ovh.com/world/vps/vps-cloud.xml

You won't find any worthwhile options for free though.. it costs companies money to host stuff for you.

My service will be one of the cheapest/best because I am not really aiming to make a profit, I am just trying to provide the service at my own cost for people with restrictive networks like yourself.

You keep saying "without using port" and that literally just does not make sense. I think you're talking about port forwarding, and that your problem is actually that you don't know how to port forward properly. 

Is a guide to port forwarding explained. If you think you're having problems with this. Port forwarding is a router configuration that defines forwarding rules for your network.

So basically it tells your router which machine to forward network requests to when packets come in. Without this step, your network has no idea what to do with incoming network packets. This is absolutely required by basically any server hosting application. Sometimes, disabling your router's firewall just simply isn't enough because port forwarding is more than just a network security configuration, it's a network routing configuration..

Edit: Also just reread something jc posted about having multiple routers. this is insane. but like, if you can't modify your network layout, you're gonna have to make port forwarding rules on each individual router. So you'll have to tell the router connected to your modem, to forward packets to the router connected to your other route. then tell the router that's connected to your computer that you just forwarded to from the router to forward packets to the hosting pc. 

Edit2: So I'm going out of town this weekend, but when i get back on Sunday, if you haven't figured this out, i can help you set it up if you join my discord server.
https://discord.gg/szADqTM