Okay so I need an Opinion on these sprites.

Grizzy

You make each frame smaller. If you have 60 pixels of blank, unused space above a head of a sprite, that is calculated in Intersect's code and applied accordingly to where it should render the name. The quick fix is to simply take out any extra space while still keeping all frames of equal dimensions.

Mine does the same thing because I've left a good amount of room for paperdolls that exceed the player's size (stuff like horned helmets, large shoulderpads, staves/swords on the back, etc.) My solution atm is just waiting for the source, so if you don't want to change your spritesheet size for a reason like I mentioned then you can just wait. Otherwise do what Sky said and the nameplates will be lower to compensate for the decrease in entity size.

2 minutes ago, mcadams said:

Mine does the same thing because I've left a good amount of room for paperdolls that exceed the player's size (stuff like horned helmets, large shoulderpads, staves/swords on the back, etc.) My solution atm is just waiting for the source, so if you don't want to change your spritesheet size for a reason like I mentioned then you can just wait. Otherwise do what Sky said and the nameplates will be lower to compensate for the decrease in entity size.

Thats honestly just what I planned on doing so I'll just wait until then, just wanted to see if I was overlooking an easier way.

9 minutes ago, SkywardRiver said:

You make each frame smaller. If you have 60 pixels of blank, unused space above a head of a sprite, that is calculated in Intersect's code and applied accordingly to where it should render the name. The quick fix is to simply take out any extra space while still keeping all frames of equal dimensions.

My toons sprites have over sized heads and are 64x32. so if I lowered it down everyone would have to be bald, lol. But that normally would be the best solution, so thank you very much bud!!

9 minutes ago, SkywardRiver said:

You're frames are 32x64? (just for future ref, X axis comes first) If each frame is 32x64 then it's an aesthetic mistep on the Intersect Dev's part. When source arrives I'll put out a tutorial on how to edit the text placement to your liking.

Lol good looking out. I should of known that. :4_joy:

I believe I seen kicking around that (maybe) they will add the ability to move where the name goes, I.e bring it down or put the name below the player, I can’t remember if JC said he was going to tackle it but I do remember it being brought up, regardless it’s a great idea due to things of this nature. Even if you have the source, it will be beneficial to those without programming knowledge. Whether they do or don’t I think it’s a good idea.