Computer requirments for Intersect

Ambard

Question

What are the minimum computer requirements needed to run Intersect?

One of my biggest concerns about Intersect is how resource heavy it is on my cpu. Are there plans to make the engine more compatible with lower end computers?

3 answers to this question

Intersect will always require PCs with OpenGL 3.0. Any PC new enough to support that should be able to run Intersect at smooth 30+ fps without problem.

We will work on optimizing the engine moving forward. Once the source is out I will personally be working towards getting a mobile version available. (Androids/Iphones/iPads). If we can get it running on those it can run anywhere.

2 hours ago, jcsnider said:

Intersect will always require PCs with OpenGL 3.0. Any PC new enough to support that should be able to run Intersect at smooth 30+ fps without problem.

We will work on optimizing the engine moving forward. Once the source is out I will personally be working towards getting a mobile version available. (Androids/Iphones/iPads). If we can get it running on those it can run anywhere.

Will a DirectX only version be released? There are a lot of users out there that don't have OpenGL 3.0 compatible graphic cards.