General The Future Of Programming

jcsnider

Programmers rule the world. We're dangerous. We kill people. The world depends on us in ways it doesn't yet understand, and in ways we don't yet understand. These are a few of the talking points by Robert Martin (aka Uncle Bob) in the last few minutes of his talk titled "The Future of Programming". If you are interested in programming, or even if you aren't I highly recommend watching this.

Share your thoughts below :P 

He makes a good point about how at some point in time there will be a catastrophe that kills a lot of people due to software. He also gave me the feeling that I need to start learning how to program because one day programming may actually be something that is a must know. 

He makes a scary point about the field of programming eventually being regulated. If there was an entity that forced us to use specific languages, platforms, processors, processes, then a lot of us may have never gotten into this field. The freedom of programming is important. If someone told @Damian666 that he had no choice but to use a language with brackets then he'd be gone for good.