How to set up EO4's Built in Updater?

Stx

Not an answer, but a warning. The built in EO4 updater only updates content and can only update content so if you ever made source changes you couldn't distribute them with the built in updater.  This makes the updater very, very bad by default.

I had a guide on EclipseOrigins.com at one point but it was deleted. I no longer know how to use the updater. I am not sure if anyone ever actually used it or if it works lol.

tl;dr: Turn around and look elsewhere quick!

2 minutes ago, Chronos said:

What are you struggling with exactly? Most patchers that have been available over the years have been rather basic.

I have one set up. However It works for me and downloads the patch. But when someone else downloads the patch, they just get a white screen when the client actually opens. I've gone through the whole thing and I can't seem to find a solution.

Is it a VB6 engine you're running? I've seen that several times in the past but could never quite figure out why exactly. Sometimes the way you'd call the client would solve it, or setting the compatibility modes of the game and patcher.

3 hours ago, Chronos said:

Is it a VB6 engine you're running? I've seen that several times in the past but could never quite figure out why exactly. Sometimes the way you'd call the client would solve it, or setting the compatibility modes of the game and patcher.

@Essence, not sure if you've seen this. For some reason my post didn't appear for ages.

18 hours ago, Essence said:

Yeah, didn't see it before. However the game engine is being done in VB6.

You may have to see if fidgeting with compatibility modes works out, or change how the client is called. It's a rather annoying ''feature'' of VB6 applications.