Change tiles picker background color

pLeet

Question

7 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, panda said:

@Skaveron Is correct, go make a post there. Also when you make the suggestion could you please include a color you think would be better suited for the job?

Done ! You can find it here : 

4 minutes ago, Joyce said:

Why limit it to a specific colour if you can just have a colour picker or a background image to tile onto the display? There'll always be someone that wants a specific colour because the current one clashes with their tiles.

That's the idea I got, you can find my suggestion above !

I've seen a lot of editors use an image of a duotone light grey checkerboard in the background to represent transparency. Photoshop does this and it seems to be Ideal

kinda like this:

f0c52a7bddbb3fd6b644fe93ec971abe.jpg

Edit: Not really an answer to your question, just an implementation suggestion when you add in a suggesstion ticket.

Edit: Some editors also use a dark grey version of this same image, but I think the lighter one tends to blend best.

5 minutes ago, pLeet said:

@Crest That's the idea I also got, I just couldn't find the name of it. I'm gonna update my suggestion to add "duotone light grey checkerboard". Thanks

no problem, also i wanted to make a point about pixel graphics, it's typically a rule of thumb to not use pitch black #000000 or full white #ffffff in tilesets. I don't know if this applies to modern design, this was just something i remember from way back in the day. So if your tilesets use black, usually you would want to go with almost all the way black: #0c0c0c, #111111, Just a suggestion that will also stop your tilesheets from blending with the background. The rule has to do with alpha colors, because way back when, transparency wasn't a thing, you had to tell your graphics system to not render a specific color, we called this color the "alpha tone" or "alpha color" which would usually be represented by Full White, Pitch Black or a magenta color.