Gahduvdeth's Pixel Art

Psyclapped

Hello, everyone! So, I've decided to attempt to take up pixel art. Here, I've attached my first two pieces: grass, and a path. Both are tilesets, both are formatted for autotiling. Each tile is a 32x32 square, so it's perfect for use in the Intersect engine!

Of course, I'm not very good. Afterall, I just started, and these are literally the first ones I've ever attempted in my life. So there you go. Definitely leave some tips for improvement, if you'd like. I sure could use it. Also, if you use these in your projects, all I ask is that you credit me and maybe send me a link to check out what you're working on.

Spoiler

PORTFOLIO!!!!

Grass

Grass.png

Dirt Path - Old and New

Path.png ob3SUEq.png

9 minutes ago, Murdoc said:

Needs highlights, and actual texture. I highly suggest following several pixel art tutorials, or art in general to get a general feel for what you want to accomplish. Certainly not a bad attempt. 6/10

Thanks for the tip, Murdoc. I'll definitely look into it!

Great first attempt - the only problem I can see with these is making other tiles that match the style. Granted it's your first try and I don't expect you to have developed a style, so that's not what I'm saying. But making a house or something to match these or go well would be difficult.

I would tone down the dark pixels, and maybe make them more subtle; as well as take Murdocs advice and add dark pixels around some edges of the sand (because grass is obviously taller than the dirt) as well as some lighter green (1-2 pixels thick would do) around the inner edges of the grass.

But for a first attempt - you can get really good really quickly. :)

15 minutes ago, Nate said:

Great first attempt - the only problem I can see with these is making other tiles that match the style. Granted it's your first try and I don't expect you to have developed a style, so that's not what I'm saying. But making a house or something to match these or go well would be difficult.

I would tone down the dark pixels, and maybe make them more subtle; as well as take Murdocs advice and add dark pixels around some edges of the sand (because grass is obviously taller than the dirt) as well as some lighter green (1-2 pixels thick would do) around the inner edges of the grass.

But for a first attempt - you can get really good really quickly. :)

I appreciate the advice, Nate! I'll likely update what I've got listed whenever I get another chance to work on them, keeping what you said in mind.