Custom animation

compounds

Question

Hi,

my Intersect version is 0.7.2.25

I have a question about custom animations for the action: "_shoot".
always follow this template
<baseSprite><animation><customanimation>.png

In my case, I have a file "Vault88Male_shoot_gun.png" in the folder "\resources\entities" .

But how do I assign this animation to the weapon?
The "sprite attack animation" field gives me no option other than "none".

https://ascensiongamedev.com/resources/filehost/0fc8b3797270ce1bc7f028ae5d8e2c1c.png

4 answers to this question

I use custom animations and they work on my end. I think you would want to name it "Vault88Male-gun_shoot.png" , and make sure you also have a version of the players sprite that also ends in _shoot.png for the character to utilize. I'm on the current version now but I can confirm they worked on 7.2.65.

3 hours ago, Mcadams said:

I use custom animations and they work on my end. I think you would want to name it "Vault88Male-gun_shoot.png" , and make sure you also have a version of the players sprite that also ends in _shoot.png for the character to utilize. I'm on the current version now but I can confirm they worked on 7.2.65.

That's not what he want. He want multiple shoot animation and set X shoot animation to a specific item.

Like shotgun would use shoot_shotgun.png, pistol shoot_pistol.png. then set those with the attack anim section on the screenshot.

@compounds sadly I don't know how to use this animation section and don't know what it does. But I don't think it's going to do what you want. Pretty sure that will require source edit.