Working with the Event editor

Castiel

Question

Hello everyone, the problem is the following: I created an "Event" in which I gave myself magic and in another "Event" I want to take it from the player. In addition, I also give out/ take away items and there are no problems with them! That is, everything works except magic.

We give the player magic - https://imgur.com/a/QmM8zav

Taking away the magic from the player - https://imgur.com/a/UcINrbT

7 answers to this question

I may be able to help but I'd have to see the full Event script. There are often conditional conflicts that cause this type of thing.

My first question would be are you using a condition in your Event? Something like "Player does NOT know Spell X". Because if so, the moment your player learns Spell X, the event would stop firing because it no longer fulfills the conditions.

3 hours ago, Aesthetic said:

Возможно, я смогу помочь, но мне нужно будет просмотреть полный сценарий мероприятия. Часто возникают условные конфликты, которые вызывают подобные вещи.

Мой первый вопрос был бы таков: используете ли вы условие в своем Событии? Что-то вроде "Игрок НЕ знает заклинания X". Потому что если это так, то в тот момент, когда ваш игрок выучит заклинание X, событие перестанет срабатывать, потому что оно больше не соответствует условиям.

I don't understand you. I have not implemented such a system in my project. Or is this a standard feature of the engine?

4 hours ago, Aesthetic said:

I may be able to help but I'd have to see the full Event script. There are often conditional conflicts that cause this type of thing.

My first question would be are you using a condition in your Event? Something like "Player does NOT know Spell X". Because if so, the moment your player learns Spell X, the event would stop firing because it no longer fulfills the conditions.

Oh, I just noticed that the message "You can't forget this spell" appeared in the chat. What does this mean?

On 10/10/2022 at 12:14 PM, Castiel said:

I don't understand you. I have not implemented such a system in my project. Or is this a standard feature of the engine?

Conditionals are a standard feature of the engine, they check if switch is true or false, or if a variable is set to a certain number, to decide what to do.

As for bound spells, that just prevents the player from unlearning the spell via Right-Click. Event commands should still remove the spell.

If you have no conditionals at all, then the script should be working, but it's hard to tell without knowledge of all the moving pieces in the script.