Concept Ideas to implement in my game

lurv

Since open source is not released yet, i've been writing down ideas i get on a whim in a text file. I'm pasting it here because this area is called "Show Off" and maybe you're interested.. maybe.

*Hunger/Thirst/Energy system that drains from 100 to 0 percent over 10 hours.
When maxing out your statuses, get up to 150% experience.
When your statuses are 0%, only get 50% and start getting hurt.
0% sleep will knock you unconscious for 1 minute at a time, getting you back to 1% sleep
giving you time to make it back towards the nearest town.

*Each player gains a spell at level 30 called "Alter Ego".
Allows you to transform into your alter ego for a minute.
Each player is given a randomly generated looking alter ego, using the paperdoll slots.
Ability gain is dependant on your stat build.

*At level 50(max), each player is given a spell called "Last Words". A hardcoded spell that
does different things depending on stat build, but always has a crippling effect on your
character once finished casting, good way to end a fight if you're confident it will kill
your target.

*Adding rain to the engine. Rain can occur randomly but not more than once per two hours
and not longer than 10 minutes at a time. Rain gives you a WET debuff, draining your
status bars faster. Can be avoided by wearing an umbrella or raincoat or activating the
mana shield spell.

*The further you stray from safe areas like towns, the higher danger levels become.
Each danger level number adds a number to the range of players you can attack
works like the wilderness, but in a rectangle around safe zones. Add an integer to map data
and map editor, so i can set danger level for each map.

*Day/Night cycle. Nights are shorter than days since most aspects of it are negative.
Some monsters spawn during the night that dont spawn during the day.
NPC houses can be robbed during the night.
PVP danger levels are doubled during the night from a maximum of 10 to 20.

*Add a spell that has different effects depending on nighttime/daytime.

*Add bombs that can break cracked walls, like Zelda.

2 hours ago, PhenomenalDev said:

Most of these are fairly simple to make however things like last words are far too complicated and would take way more time than it's worth

You can already make this in the spell editor. Just give a debuff effect on self and high damage.

Just use an event to give the spell to the player on reaching max level.

17 hours ago, PhenomenalDev said:

@Kasplant yeah but the stats thing is the problem like think of how many combos you would have to program in

Nah, you could just make an if statement to add conditions on effects to give the spell in the casting code. For example, if a player has 50+ INT, Deal damage depending on targets remaining mana. If a player has 50+ DEF, completely reflect the next attack etc. It's all about stat conditions and I don't think it would be hard to make.

6 hours ago, lurv said:

Nah, you could just make an if statement to add conditions on effects to give the spell in the casting code. For example, if a player has 50+ INT, Deal damage depending on targets remaining mana. If a player has 50+ DEF, completely reflect the next attack etc. It's all about stat conditions and I don't think it would be hard to make.

Forsure, that's likely the cleanest method. With controlled stat gain you will know all of the potential stat combinations for max level players. You could actually use a switch for every single combination - but that'd be crazy.