Autorun Perfomace

Weylon Santana

Question

I already know that autoruns events are evil processor-eating things that even the devil asks for a license to use, BUT I've been looking at some things here, I think they're recent about:

"Processing": {

"CommonEventAutorunStartInterval": 500

},

1°) Is this value the time interval in ms when the autorun is executed?

2°) Larger values here could positively impact the performance of server when there is the existence of an autorun event in execution? (Something between , 10000 and 30000)
3°) If it's not those assumptions above, what's the function of this?

4°) When there is a need for an autorun event, is there any other possible alternative that can simulate an autorun event, but without swallowing the server's performance at breakfast?
(For example: the value of a variable that must be constantly updated) - (Possible alternatives: Loop using label, Common event that executes itself at the end of commands (Recursive event? wtf?) and whatever)

I intended to have an autorun event in my game(i hope just one), but I've seen recently how it drastically affects performance in another game.
PS: These four questions are part of one question related to autorun and performance, I just divided it so that it's organized.

2 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, Weylon Santana said:

1°) Is this value the time interval in ms when the autorun is executed?

Yes.

31 minutes ago, Weylon Santana said:

2°) Larger values here could positively impact the performance of server when there is the existence of an autorun event in execution? (Something between , 10000 and 30000)

Sort of? You'd be delaying the time between autorun event triggers. So technically it would perform the same but just less often. Meaning less overall impact.. this does mean your events might not update as often or quickly though.

32 minutes ago, Weylon Santana said:

4°) When there is a need for an autorun event, is there any other possible alternative that can simulate an autorun event, but without swallowing the server's performance at breakfast?

Purpose built code, if things need to be updated real-time all the time then maybe there's a better way to do it other than events.

The event system is powerful but it's not always the answer if you want projects to work at a larger scale.

8 hours ago, Cheshire said:

Yes.

Sort of? You'd be delaying the time between autorun event triggers. So technically it would perform the same but just less often. Meaning less overall impact.. this does mean your events might not update as often or quickly though.

Purpose built code, if things need to be updated real-time all the time then maybe there's a better way to do it other than events.

The event system is powerful but it's not always the answer if you want projects to work at a larger scale.

Help me. i can only do autorun in my common event7a081d4c6a94f09bb75c772339f026f3.png