Autorun common event is bad for game and server performance?

nvh

Question

Autorun common event is bad for game and server performance????

I want to make a common event but don't have the necessary trigger condition. i be use auto run ??

6 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, jcsnider said:

Even autoruns with conditionals are bad. It's gonna be checking those conditionals every tick to see if it should start. 

I don't know how to trigger common event when I learn a new spell :((

4 hours ago, jcsnider said:

Even autoruns with conditionals are bad. It's gonna be checking those conditionals every tick to see if it should start. 

Is there another way to work ? I mean, autorun with condition is really usefull for a lot of things, i have a lot of event that work with them and conditionnals, does it mean that my game will have problems running if there are more players ? :/

4 hours ago, nvh said:

I don't know how to trigger common event when I learn a new spell :((

If you could be more precise on what you want, we could help you ^^

1 hour ago, Beast Boyz said:

Is there another way to work ? I mean, autorun with condition is really usefull for a lot of things, i have a lot of event that work with them and conditionnals, does it mean that my game will have problems running if there are more players ? :/

Small scale, probably not. 50+ players on you'll probably feel it at times.

What you'll want to do for autoruns is cut them down as much as you can (remember, each page counts as its own instance!) And try to run them on triggers as much as you can.

If you think more triggers need to be added feel free to shoot up an issue about them.

44 minutes ago, Cheshire said:

Small scale, probably not. 50+ players on you'll probably feel it at times.

What you'll want to do for autoruns is cut them down as much as you can (remember, each page counts as its own instance!) And try to run them on triggers as much as you can.

If you think more triggers need to be added feel free to shoot up an issue about them.

Thanks for the return, I see, since there is now player variable trigger i will try to replace with them.

Do we agree that the player variable trigger work whenever it get changed ? (True/False or change in the integer/string ?)