Max Stack Size? + Stackable in bank only?

RandemGamor

Question

Hi There,

Firstly thank you for such an amazing engine. I'm having a lot of fun so far in creating my game :D

Anyhoo, I was wondering if there is an option so that I can enable max stack sizes preferably per item?
If not, is there a possibility to get this added in please?
As currently I either have to have an item not stack, or stack to whatever the default max stack size is?

Also is there a way currently have an item not stackable outside the bank but stackable when inside the bank please?
If not could it be added an option in the item creation please?

I guess the best thing would be to add two new options in the item creation if it needs adding in to the engine.

1) Max Item Stack Size (Backpack) - Also applies to Bags.
2) Max Item Stack Size (Bank)

Many Thanks,
Randem Gamor.

9 answers to this question

14 hours ago, Cheshire said:

I recall seeing a source modification for this at some point. Although I do agree it would be a nice to have feature in general.

Yeah it's definitely a much needed feature :)
Like I want potions to stack to only 3 or 5 for example, my only work around for now is to have 'Packs' players can click and open. As for stacking items, an NPC they can interact with to 'Stack' into Stacked items, and click to unstack.
Bit messier than a real stack limiter but it works now :D

Where / how do I get and modify the source files for this engine by the way please?

Many Thanks.
Randem Gamor.

Edit:

Also thanks Beefy, I'll take a look once I know how to edit the source files etc? :D I'm a complete noob so lots for me to learn lol

1 hour ago, RandemGamor said:

Where / how do I get and modify the source files for this engine by the way please?

The source code is available from here: https://github.com/AscensionGameDev/Intersect-Engine

There's some documentation on how to get started here: https://github.com/AscensionGameDev/Intersect-Engine#source-code

On 5/11/2021 at 9:40 PM, Cheshire said:

I recall seeing a source modification for this at some point. Although I do agree it would be a nice to have feature in general.

Yeah it really would be a nice feature to see in the engine by default.

I'm real new to the engine so trying to learn as much as I can :D What is a 'PR' please? :D
Thanks.