Scailing Stat Renaming - editor_strings.json

Ainz Ooal Gown

Question

Hey,

I have had a look through the editor_strings.json but I cant seem to locate where I can change the scailing stat choices names:

316f2f7dc98713e2f3d4358d7c17f0d7.png

I have managed to change all other areas of the editor and client to the wording I am using for my game (See Stat Modifiers), but I cant seem to find the scailing stats option list in .json as its still set to default values after changing all working in client, editor and server _string .json files.

Anyone give me a clue? :P

Thanks

4 answers to this question

They might be hard coded into the editor, I did the same steps as you and it refuses to change them.

I searched all of the _string.json files for the term Ability Power and changed them all to Skill Power, but the Scaling Stat dropdown still calls it Ability Power. Either it's not changeable or we're just dumb and can't find it.
I would like to know as well as I intend on changing some of the terms myself.

9 hours ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Hey,

I have had a look through the editor_strings.json but I cant seem to locate where I can change the scailing stat choices names:

316f2f7dc98713e2f3d4358d7c17f0d7.png

I have managed to change all other areas of the editor and client to the wording I am using for my game (See Stat Modifiers), but I cant seem to find the scailing stats option list in .json as its still set to default values after changing all working in client, editor and server _string .json files.

Anyone give me a clue? :P

Thanks

How do i change the other parts like you did? Like weaponry, tactical etc

8 hours ago, froggy said:

How do i change the other parts like you did? Like weaponry, tactical etc

You can change them in "client_strings.json" and "editor_strings.json" located in client and editor resources folder. Just open them up in "note pad ++" and do a search/ find and replace them one by one, dont do a replaceall as you only change the wording for the end part like so:

"defense": "Defense:", changed to "defense": "Armour:",