Graphics [WIP] Human Base and Tiles

George

VERY new to the type of style I am attempting and would like to hear some good C&C I have been posting in the shoutbox but I figured a proper thread would be a lot better. I'll be posting updates daily(or when I can) but here is what I have so far.

wLQ3pz4.png

Not to sure how I like shadows on everything that may change later on but for now I'll stick with it.

I feel like the hands are a little too big slightly, I like it a lot though.

You know the old saying, If they have big hands, and they have big feet,... ;)

Well I haven't really been doing anything that is tile related but I have been trying to animate this silly little base of mine to have a complete walk cycle. I think I am going to stop where it's at now and get some simple tiles, houses, etc

here is the base thus far and IF I do go back to it well the North and South states are going to changed entirely and the arm swinging on the side view will be decreased along with the odd looking feet but it works for now.

3Kw9j1o.png

Your animation is wrong and the sprite indeed looks odd.

The right arm and right leg or left arm and left leg won't go in the same direction, I pointed that with red color, and added some Question Marks where I don't understand the logic of your sprite, what it's doing and why is it Idle Idle Walk Walk instead of Idle Walk Idle Walk

Try animating your sprite first to see how it looks animated, it's really easy to fool yourself into seeing that all is good and nice looking.

H6NEKoT.gif

lweFmx0.gif

5mBVFCi.png

Your animation is wrong and the sprite indeed looks odd.

The right arm and right leg or left arm and left leg won't go in the same direction, I pointed that with red color, and added some Question Marks where I don't understand the logic of your sprite, what it's doing and why is it Idle Idle Walk Walk instead of Idle Walk Idle Walk

Try animating your sprite first to see how it looks animated, it's really easy to fool yourself into seeing that all is good and nice looking.

H6NEKoT.gif

lweFmx0.gif

5mBVFCi.png

Thanks for the edits, I did however try and fix the walk animation last night but still the arms.. they swing so damn fast I don't know what's up with that so i will rework that my next day off.

Current Walk animation for the side view is a little better

2kxERGK.gif

What I posted above are no edits to your sprite, I just posted the animated GIF of your sprite, to see how odd it looks animated, so you can notice the mistakes and fix them :D

I hope you will understand something from this image, if you have any questions feel free to post them. [sorry for the typos in the image, too lazy to upload another image]

9Rr34s4g.png

-snip-

Ah, when I said edit, I meant more or less the red outlines showing me how to improve.

Also that diagram is pretty nifty, Thanks for that I will try and get to it tomorrow or today sometime but work is in the way a lot.

I had it animated previously and that's how I was fixing it up little by little but it was just making me mad so I threw it to the side for now, to make my time a little more productive it's more or less a place holder as it is. I am thinking of changing the style all together.

-edit

you can actually follow the work progress I did with the side view here on pixelation to show how much it HAS improved more or less it's still odd looking but hey it works for now.

-link-