API v1

varinyc

Question

Are there any plans to implement SET or PUT endpoints into the API for player objects?

Is there a way to utilize the API to push remote commands into the server console? Maybe through admin user token?

Will character sprite be added to the API? I was hoping to utilize Intersect API with Aseprite's API to allow real-time customization of base sprites.

More questions in this thread as I think of them. I'm really excited to start getting my hands dirty here :)

5 answers to this question

API is set to be expanded over time for sure. We plan to add all of it over time. (Creating players, allocating stat points, updating sprites and much much more.) This is only v1, and we have plenty of room to expand.

Remote commands to the server console isn't something we've thought of yet. A lot of the info you can get with other endpoints (like sending messages, banning, getting online players, cps, etc). Is there something in particular that you think the server console can do that you should be able to do via the API?

Character sprite that is there already. Here is the full return of a player lookup:

https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/ascensiongamedev/filehost/f9cbcdebafc4acff54318cb314871fba.json

Notice Sprite: "1.png"

1 minute ago, jcsnider said:

API is set to be expanded over time for sure. We plan to add all of it over time. (Creating players, allocating stat points, updating sprites and much much more.) This is only v1, and we have plenty of room to expand.

Remote commands to the server console isn't something we've thought of yet. A lot of the info you can get with other endpoints (like sending messages, banning, getting online players, cps, etc). Is there something in particular that you think the server console can do that you should be able to do via the API?

Character sprite that is there already. Here is the full return of a player lookup:

https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/ascensiongamedev/filehost/f9cbcdebafc4acff54318cb314871fba.json

Notice Sprite: "1.png"

OHHH! Okay, good enough, I will work with all the GET stuff then, just for funsies.

As for the console, I was just looking for a way around no SET endpoints. Wouldn't need a SET endpoint at all if you could remote all an admin's commands out. Like set player sprite, set player class.

Just now, varinyc said:

OHHH! Okay, good enough, I will work with all the GET stuff then, just for funsies.

As for the console, I was just looking for a way around no SET endpoints. Wouldn't need a SET endpoint at all if you could remote all an admin's commands out. Like set player sprite, set player class.

On top of this, I was thinking maybe intersect chat could be abstracted out to IRC and loaded in as a web element? Like how twitch does it, so you can use IRC client to perform commands underneath the ingame chat. Then you wouldn't even need to remote commands, as it'd be in IRC already xD

But that's just me window shopping.

4 hours ago, varinyc said:

On top of this, I was thinking maybe intersect chat could be abstracted out to IRC and loaded in as a web element? Like how twitch does it, so you can use IRC client to perform commands underneath the ingame chat. Then you wouldn't even need to remote commands, as it'd be in IRC already xD

But that's just me window shopping.

I don't think that's possible atm, but you can post messages ingame from a web element through api.